Author Topic: GSX and other products not working  (Read 4126 times)

Beedan

GSX and other products not working
« on: March 17, 2015, 12:25:32 pm »
Hello all,

I had GSX working before when i had FSX installed on my normal C: Drive but then i unistalled it to put it on its own drive which is SSD G: Drive FSX Works fine and so does PMDG 777 but when i install GSX or any other FSDreamTeam products i have i get an error every time i launch FSX with it

Here is 1 screenshot showing the error i get when i choose PMDG 777

http://i.imgur.com/clhjg3P.png

Here is another screenshot from the err file

http://i.imgur.com/NfUZGjW.png

Any help would be great as i fly to the sceneries i have purchased from FSDreamTeam and GSX is amazing but can't use it :(

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:23:30 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and other products not working
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 01:24:20 pm »
The most important part of that error message, is the one that tells you for error details in the Couatl.ERR file, pointing to you its actual location in your system. Post the content of the Couatl.ERR file, please.

Beedan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »
The most important part of that error message, is the one that tells you for error details in the Couatl.ERR file, pointing to you its actual location in your system. Post the content of the Couatl.ERR file, please.

Hello,

Direct from the Couatl.err file located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali

Code: [Select]
couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Mon Mar 16 13:59:21 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Mon Mar 16 13:59:55 2015

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Mon Mar 16 14:00:29 2015

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Mon Mar 16 14:01:02 2015

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Mon Mar 16 14:01:36 2015

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Mon Mar 16 14:02:09 2015

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:10 pm »
This message has been discussed many times on the forum, and it's caused by ANOTHER executable that is trying to attach to every running executable in your system. These are the known causes of that error message:

- If you have the ATI Tray Tools utility installed, you must disable the "Automatic Overclock" feature.

- If you have the Radeon Pro utility installed, you must disable "API monitoring" or use the setting "disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list"

- The Lenovo One Key Theater and Power management software

- The Trillian instant messenger.

- The Mumble VOIP program.

- The krakensysaudiolauncher.exe from the Razer Kraken headset drivers.

- The ASUS Game First III Application

- The latest version of CPU-Z

- The GeForce Experience Beta

If you are sure you are not running any of the above programs, then you might simply using another software that is behaving in a similar (invasive) way as those listed above, that we never heard before. Try to close all your running processes, until you find the offending one.

Beedan

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 02:05:05 pm »
I have none of these programs running, FSDreamTeam products worked before when they were on my C: Drive but now that they are installed on my G: Drive they just won't work, could it be a program from my C: Drive that the Couatl.exe needs to read for it to be able to work?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:56:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 05:56:27 pm »
I have none of these programs running

Then, as I've said in my previous message:

If you are sure you are not running any of the above programs, then you might simply using another software that is behaving in a similar (invasive) way as those listed above, that we never heard before. Try to close all your running processes, until you find the offending one.

now that they are installed on my G: Drive they just won't work, could it be a program from my C: Drive that the Couatl.exe needs to read for it to be able to work?

If you reinstalled FSX from scratch, and all the FSDT products on the new drive using their installer, the drive can be any letter, it doesn't matter. If, instead, you MOVED the installation or some files manually, nothing will work.

But this is entirely unrelated to the above error message. That one can ONLY caused by another executable that is running on your system. That list is just the most updated list of programs *known* to cause this, but it's not definitive by any means, that's why I said to close all your running processes (with Task Manager), until you find the offending one, which is how all users that contributed to add new case to that list found theirs.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:00:42 pm by virtuali »

Beedan

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:57:22 pm »
Okay thanks, i installed all the FSDT products with their installers nothing moved out of their files at all.

Thanks i will give it a try and where should i post if i find a solution.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:36:40 am by virtuali »