Author Topic: FSX not loading after GSX clean install **SOLVED**  (Read 2682 times)

supercoup93

FSX not loading after GSX clean install **SOLVED**
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:08:48 pm »
Hi:
I hope someone can help. I have used GSX for a while and have had no problems at all. Recently, I started anew. Installed Win7 64 and all of the other programs I run in flight simulator X which are all the usual ones installed in the past. I now have a problem of FSX not loading intermittently. It stays on the first screen and never opens. I then get an applet that opens stating the following.

Flight simulator has detected a problem with third party software program(addon)

name  bglmanx dynamic link library
version  3.0.0.2
company  Virtuali Sagl
file  bglmanx.dll

do you want to run the software not recommended.
Then goes on to say "to avoid this message in the furure, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running flight simulator etc.

If I choose not to run the software (click no) FSX will start and GSX will not run but I have no graphics except jetways in KJFK v2, just flat empty scenery.
If I choose to run the software(not recommended), FSX starts and GSX works fine. Sometimes KJFK V2 has scenery, sometimes not.
There are times when I reboot that I do not get the applet box warning and all works well. Then, upon another reboot it happens all over again.

I have removed GSX completely, Shut down Norton anti virus, excluded the files from Norton antivirus from scanning as requested in some of the forum answers, but still get the applet warning and missing graphics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Butera
supercoup93@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:33:54 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX not loading after GSX clean install
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 11:49:00 pm »
The most likely issue is you don't have the VC++ 2013 runtime libraries, that are required for the latest version of the Addon Manager to run.

They are automatically installed by our current installers ( GSX, a scenery, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ), but if you used an older installer, it pulled the updated .DLL from the server, but not the libraries so, if you didn't already had them in your system, it would likely crash or not loading.

Downloading any of the latest FSDT installers should fix the issue, the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer would probably the quickest choice.

supercoup93

Re: FSX not loading after GSX clean install
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 01:55:09 am »
Thank You

Works just fine now. The funny thing is that I had installed gsx and the addon manager from the website, had the problem then all of a sudden an applet popped up telling me that the addon manager was outdated. I clicked yes to update the addon manager and all is well now. I don't understand how it was outdated if I had just downloaded it?. At any rate, I love the program. Thanks again for your help.