Author Topic: CYVR Problem  (Read 10302 times)

stephen1888

CYVR Problem
« on: March 10, 2015, 03:01:36 pm »
Hi
I have just purchased CYVR. The proclem is that the airport doesn't show up even though on the Add on mamnger is says it is installed and activated.
Also my "Couatl powered products" has disappeared and is not functioning. This doesn't show on Add on mamnger even though GSX does and says it is activated.
GSX was working fine before CYVR install.

Stephen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CYVR Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:28 am »
Also my "Couatl powered products" has disappeared and is not functioning.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the scenery

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

stephen1888

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:47:59 pm »
Hi Umberto
Thanks for your reply.
I now have CYVR working but GSX is not, it seems to have disappeared from my system. It still shows in Addon Manager under FSDreamteam menu but won't work on CTL F12
I have tried to reinstall but it runs to the end and comes up with access denied meassge

Regards
Stephen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:58:48 pm »
I now have CYVR working but GSX is not, it seems to have disappeared from my system. It still shows in Addon Manager under FSDreamteam menu but won't work on CTL F12

If you followed the previous procedure, you must reinstall GSX because, as the uninstaller said to you when you replied yes to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?", all the depending addon wouldn't work anymore, and since GSX is one of them, you must reinstall it.

I have tried to reinstall but it runs to the end and comes up with access denied message

That's because you tried to run the installer when FSX was still running, or you started it too quickly after it was closed ( but not entirely ), so it's best if you try it again after a Windows restart.

stephen1888

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »
i have tried the windows restart several times now amd still get the same access denied message.
I have tried downloading GSX again from the site (i had tried with my saved download) and it still won't load

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:35:30 pm »
i have tried the windows restart several times now amd still get the same access denied message.

Please, clearly indicate the precise, exact text of the error. Or maybe a screenshot.

stephen1888

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 05:13:21 pm »
Error messages attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 05:57:57 pm »
It seems the setup cannot even start, most likely a permission problem, or antivirus interference. Have you disabled the antivirus ?

stephen1888

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 06:07:54 pm »
See the attached. It runs through the whole install process then at the very end this comes up,
i get the second attachment (set up was not completed)when I press ok on the access denied message
Antivirus is disabled
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:09:59 pm by stephen1888 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 09:37:51 pm »
See the attached. It runs through the whole install process then at the very end this comes up,  i get the second attachment (set up was not completed)when I press ok on the access denied message Antivirus is disabled

It seems your have a permission problem of some kind in your registry, because the installation completes, but it seem to have stopped when saving the Uninstall informations, which is just a key in the registry that points to an entry in the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs section, pointing to the Uninstaller.

This is of course nothing related to any of our products: it's all stuff that is done automatically by the installer routine (we use the 100% standard Inno Setup) and nobody ever reported such problem before.

You can activate logging in the installer, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer (CYVR, in this example) with this command:

cyvr_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

stephen1888

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »
OK created, how do i email you this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 09:38:23 am »
OK created, how do i email you this?

The small email icon under my avatar.

stephen1888

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 09:49:24 am »

I can see no email link only a PM link which won't let me attach the doc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 10:23:13 am »
I can see no email link only a PM link which won't let me attach the doc

Sorry, it was disabled, use the address on the Contact Us page of the site.

stephen1888

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 11:32:33 am »
sent