Author Topic: FSDT Sceneries with Estonia Migration Tool, error when entering legacy mode...  (Read 4482 times)

RAY VLASEK

Recently went path of Prepar3d,  producing excellent vivid graphics and excellent performance.  The migration tool works fine for installations.   However, one issue keeps occurring,  when I try to use the migration tool in the legacy mode in order to utilize  older aircraft,  Prepar3d crashes on start up.    The windows error log reports   Faulting module path: C:\Prepar3D v2\bglmanx.dll,  I have reported this error issue to Estonia support center, however maybe this has been seen before from other users.. thanks,  any assistance would be helpful.... complete log attached...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You cannot use Legacy mode with any of our products, or any other products that supports and recognize P3D natively, because what the Legacy Mode does, is to conceal P3D to appear being FSX, so our module cannot recognize it as P3D, and this will surely cause a crash.

RAY VLASEK

Thanks for speedy reply, in that case can I operate with dual install on same Hard drive, install of FSX and Prepar3d, with FSDT in each, would that require dual license of FSDT or are licenses good per user or per sim install...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:56:01 pm by rvlasek »

pilot3033

Thanks for speedy reply, in that case can I operate with dual install on same Hard drive, install of FSX and Prepar3d, with FSDT in each, would that require dual license of FSDT or are licenses good per user or per sim install...

I currently operate this way, with several FSDT products installed to both FSX and P3D on the same hard drive.

RAY VLASEK

What is best way to have sceneries installed in both on same HD,  just run installers in each or is there a way to share some files in order to save disk space....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

No FSDT product license has any relationship with the sim (or the sims) they are installed into.

The activation is tied to your *system* so, you could have FS9, FSX, FSX:SE, P3D 1.x and P3D 2.x all installed at the same time, each one with a separate installation of FSDT sceneries, but you will still use 1 ACTIVATION per product. If you dual-boot two different copies of Windows, instead, you will need 2 Activations.

Note that, installing two copies of the sceneries under FSX and P3D won't change the requirement of having to turn off the Legacy mode of the Migration tool, it will still be off when you run the scenery, it's not an installation issue only, the correct sim must be detected when it starts.

What is best way to have sceneries installed in both on same HD,  just run installers in each or is there a way to share some files in order to save disk space....

Just run their installer, and turn OFF the P3D Migration Tool when you install, so the installer can detect P3D properly and giving you the option to install there.

Some of the latest sceneries like JFK V2, KIAH and CYVR already install some files in a shared location, but you cannot otherwise move files manually after the installation, because they must stay in the fsdreamteam folder, under the folder the sim is installed into.

RAY VLASEK

Installed first scenery into FSX, which worked great,  already activated since I already have installed and activated in Prepar3d.   Only will use migration tool to install any compatible add ons which lack prepar3d installers,   into prepar3d,  no legacy mode to be used since I will have any older add on aircraft set up in FSX.   Thanks, for info and speedy replies...