Author Topic: P3D, GSX and Ezdok Software  (Read 18225 times)

Hugheddie

P3D, GSX and Ezdok Software
« on: March 08, 2015, 08:31:35 am »
Hi everybody.
I'm having issues with GSX and Ezdok Software.
Cameras works fine with kayboard macro assignements, but when I lunch GSX (Ctrl+F12), macros used to change camera views stop working, and I can't change views until I restart P3D v.2.5..
There is no conflicts between keys assignements for marcos and key control for GSX.
I posted this issue also in Ezca Software forum.
It' s very dissapoint cannot use both softwares together.
Any suggestions about this problem it will be very welcomed.
Thank you in advance for your attention.
Regards.
Hugo Rodriguez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D, GSX and Ezdok Software
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:36:24 am »
Cameras works fine with kayboard macro assignements, but when I lunch GSX (Ctrl+F12), macros used to change camera views stop working, and I can't change views until I restart P3D v.2.5.. There is no conflicts between keys assignements for marcos and key control for GSX.

If this is what is happening, the only possible explanation is a key conflict you are not aware of. Nobody ever reported a problem between GSX and Ezdok camera before.

Of course, GSX allows you to change its own keys, using the "Key Mapping" menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu, so you can fix any possible conflict between GSX and other add-ons, which should be easier, considering that GSX uses only two keys, while Ezdok camera surely use many more of them.

Try to configure the GSX hotkeys to be completely different, not using the F12 (the F12 might be the cause), but something like TAB+Shift+G (TAB+G is used by our recent F18 ground radar product) or TAB+F

Hugheddie

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 11:14:46 pm »
Thank you Umberto for your replay.
I will try changing GSX hotkeys and I will report.
Best regards!.

Hugo

gypsyczar

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:19:16 am »
Guys,

I have been having the same problem.  However I think it is related to the PMDG planes.  Something about the PMDG, EZDOK, and GSX  combination is not playing well together.  The Aerosoft Airbus works fine, but when I load up a PMDG A/C either EZCA view selection or GSX does not work.  Someone is trapping a key combination but I have not found the magic yet.....  I can tell you this, anything with the TAB key puts the PMDG FMC into type enter mode

Why is nothing simple.......

Hugheddie

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 04:11:54 am »
Great news Umberto!.
As I changed the key assignment for GSX to Tab+H, the issue dissapeared, and now GSX and Ezca are working together without problems.
Thank you Umberto, as you said, probably F12 control for GSX was generating interference with Ezca key assignments.
I'm very glad with your software and support.
Best regards.

Hugo Rodriguez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 09:46:24 am »
I can tell you this, anything with the TAB key puts the PMDG FMC into type enter mode

Then don't use the TAB key...there is a reason why we made the hotkeys configurable. If you can't find a free key combination, you could un-assign a key used by default FSX that you don't need.

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 04:59:16 pm »
Umberto, I have tried using several different key combinations (not using the Tab key) that do not conflict with anything in P3D 2.5.  No matter the key combination, as soon as GSX is called up via key press, the EZDOK macros no longer work.  I have no idea whether it's an EZDOK or a GSX problem - but something is interfering.  I greatly respect your work and certainly not finding fault with GSX being the culprit, but might you have further suggestions as changing keys simply does not work?  
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:02:39 pm by CDreier »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 10:50:43 pm »
 I greatly respect your work and certainly not finding fault with GSX being the culprit, but might you have further suggestions as changing keys simply does not work?  

Not possible to know, without knowing how EZDOK macros are made. GSX, of course, use the only one 100% official and standard way to reserve keys, which is asking to FSX using the proper Simconnect functions made for this purpose.

747Fan

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 09:59:10 am »
For all who have the same problem ( I had it too). There is a fix in the Ezdoc Forum:
Open GSX normal Ctrl+F12
choose your GSX action (Ezdoc keys stop working)
Open GSX normal Ctrl+F12
close GSX Ctrl+F12 (Ezdoc keys work normal again) and GSX will run normal.

Works for me with all add on aircraft including PMDG.
cheers
Peter

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 02:34:58 pm »
Peter,

Congratulations and many thanks for leading me to solving my longstanding problem of no visual movement of my B777X after pushback! It seems that, unknown to me, GSX was still active when I had assumed that at the end of pushback it had been inactivated.

The solution at present is to ensure that you have exited GSX by pushing your GSX hotkey to re-display the menu choices and to push it again to exit GSX. Then, if you are using, for example, EZCA, it will become active again.

I feel that the GSX program needs a change to ensure that, after each ground service action, it is inactivated so that other add-ons can again become active. I am asking Umberto for this change.

Again, many thanks,
Kind regards, Richard
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:40:01 pm by mcdonar »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 03:28:18 pm »
I feel that the GSX program needs a change to ensure that, after each ground service action, it is inactivated so that other add-ons can again become active. I am asking Umberto for this change.

There's nothing to change in GSX.

You obviously need a key to activate/deactivate GSX so, when some GSX service ended, GSX cannot give its own key back to FSX, otherwise you wouldn't be able to call it again so, it cannot be simply "deactivated" when a service is finished, because is still listening for the menu key event.

That's how any FSX addon that uses hotkeys normally works. It request some hotkeys to FSX using Simconnect, and it will constantly listen to be called in case they are pressed. It's possible, as an option, to pass the key event back to FSX when done with it, but this means if there's another addon using the same key, it would be very confusing, because BOTH events will happen so, for example, if the key used by GSX was sent back to FSX and Ezdoc (for example), wanted it to use it to change a camera view, you would see the view changing each time you activated the GSX menu, which is not very usable or desirable.

So, GSX correctly asks for a reserved key, and won't transmit the event back to FSX, and this shouldn't cause any problems, unless another addon requested the SAME key to FSX but, in this case, if they requested it in the "official" way, Simconnect would have notified to it that key is no longer available, and the other addon should handle the situation in some way.

Usually, you have ways to change the hotkey used by each addon, and this if of course allowed by GSX, so you must be sure that no key combinations are shared between addons.

Since this issue doesn't happen with ANY other addon out there, and it's seems it's only Ezdoc that seems to be affected, it seems that either it cannot deal with an unavailable key OR it uses some other method to read keys, but we cannot possibly know about it.

I can only assure you that GSX is using 100% official Simconnect-sanctioned ways to reserve and read keys AND it allows you to change its own key combination, so it doesn't need to be changed.

I saw some messages on Ezdoc forum by users that fixed this by changing the hotkey used by GSX to something entirely different not involving F12, like TAB+H.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 04:25:43 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I think that I now understand. :-[

Regards, Richard

HondaJet

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:41 pm »
I have been running down this problem for a few days before I found this post.   I was flying in P3D Sim with PMDG, QW Avro and others and would have the exact problem with EZdok keys no longer working once the GSX window was opened.  At first I tried changing the activation key for GSX to something other than Ctrl+F12 but that did not solve the problem.
Once I found Umberto's post above I found that it solved the issue if I hit the activation key for GSX again once I was done with services then the EZdok keys would work again.

Here is the odd thing; this problem does not exist in my FSX sim.   I can do any GSX activity and immediately use the EZdok keys to move around the aircraft as they should.   I don't know what this means but at least now I have found a way to continue using EZdok thanks to Umberto's info.   I am thinking it might be something in the latest beta version to support P3D v2.5+ so I am going to post over there and see if it brings any answers.
Jerry

bobsk8

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:47 pm »
I had the same problem today with the GSX Demo and P3D with the Aerosoft Airbus. After the pushback, and I began flight, I noticed my arrow keys in EZdok did not work anymore which had never happened. Finally EZdok just crashed and I had to abort the flight. I then tried the same flight and used  suggested solution of opening and closing the GSX menu after pushback and everything worked correctly, and no problems with EZ dok.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:02:06 pm by bobsk8 »

bobsk8

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:58 pm »
I experimented with this last evening after I purchased GSX. As soon as the menu for GSX is activated, then EZdok is not able to move views anymore. All you can do is switch views from one camera to the other but you can't look around with the joystick hat , arrow keys or zoom in and out. If you bring up the CTRL F12 key menu again and close it out, these functions immediately return. I tried changing the hot key to an other key, and same result, so something in GSX blocks EXdok from functioning. Just have to remember after using GSX on the ground, to open and close the GSX menu once, before taking off and check to make sure you can move views in EZdok.