Author Topic: GSX Installed but can not access using the CTL/F12 buttons  (Read 4155 times)

marsh1565

GSX Installed but can not access using the CTL/F12 buttons
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:56:05 am »
Morning

I will start by giving you some context behind the problem. Everything was working fine until I put the hotfix onto PREPR3D 2.5. When I fired PREPR3D up I got CTD. I looked at the forum and followed the instructions with the new 6 files but still CTD. However when starting up FSX GSX had disappeared no idea what happened. So I uninstalled all GSX related product as instructed on the forum as well as turning of the virus checker etc but still nothing. It has installed but will not start. I can assure you before anyone asks that I have followed everything to the letter as in pervious posts but now totally lost as far as what's next without having to fully reinstall FSX

Any help would be appreciated

Marshall 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Installed but can not access using the CTL/F12 buttons
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:02:48 am »
I will start by giving you some context behind the problem. Everything was working fine until I put the hotfix onto PREPR3D 2.5. When I fired PREPR3D up I got CTD. I looked at the forum and followed the instructions with the new 6 files but still CTD.

"CTD" doesn't mean anything. It's a crash with some kind of error message (and in this case, WHICH error ? ) or it's a QUIT to Desktop without ANY messages ?

marsh1565

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:07:05 am »
Apologies if I haven't been specific enough. The original problem started when I updated my GSX with the 6 files i had to put into the PREPR3D root folder. Once I did this when starting up PREPR3D I just got a message saying PREPR3D had stopped working with no error message. As I said above I started FSX with no problem but GSX had totally disappeared I was not experiencing any problems at this point opnly that GSX was not there. I then made sure anything to do with GSX was deleted and started to run the full installer again. Once this was on I encountered the same problem as in PREPR3D FSX has stopped working with no error message. I then did a system restore which enabled me to start FSX without any errors but no GSX. Once again I did a clean installation this time FSX recognised that GSX had been installed as everything was in add-ons however I could not start it using the relevent keys.

Just one other thing, I was getting a FSUIPC DLL error with the error asking me either to continue yes or no............i have pressed yes and no on 2 occasions, FSX has fired up but no GSX

So in short no error messages highlighting the reasons, hope that explains things in a bit more detail

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:25:42 am »
The original problem started when I updated my GSX with the 6 files i had to put into the PREPR3D root folder. Once I did this when starting up PREPR3D I just got a message saying PREPR3D had stopped working with no error message.

As you can clearly see from all the messages in that thread, those files *fixed* the crashing issue for everybody, so they cannot possibly have *caused* the issue for you.

The only possible explanations are:

1) You did some kind of mistake replacing files, maybe you haven't replaced them all

OR

2) You haven't installed the VC++ 2013 runtimes (x86 version) linked in the same post.

In any case, that procedure is not needed anymore, because we updated the official installer to always use such files so, you can't get the wrong files by mistake, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, and it will place the updated files AND will automatically install the VC++ 2013 runtimes too.

marsh1565

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 12:11:18 pm »
I appreciate what you are saying however i can confirm the following

1. I have removed all files relating to GSX before reinstalling
2. I have reinstalled using the latest stand alone add on Manager
3. I can confirm that this has been installed based on the fact its in add on Manager
4. Still can not access the menu through the relevant keys

I may not be an expert on PC's but I do know enough to confirm that I have done everything you say and still problems. I do not want to have to reinstall FSX unless its the last resort, have i missed anything else?

Appreciate you are busy but any support on this would be appreciated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:38 pm »
I appreciate what you are saying however i can confirm the following

1. I have removed all files relating to GSX before reinstalling
2. I have reinstalled using the latest stand alone add on Manager

If you really did what you said here, it's quite normal GSX won't work. According to your report, you Uninstalled GSX, and reinstalled JUST the Addon Manager. How do you expect GSX to work, if you uninstalled GSX and haven't reinstalled it ?

3. I can confirm that this has been installed based on the fact its in add on Manager

Having GSX in the Addon Manager doesn't mean it's installed, it only means you can check its activation status, purchase it, reactivate it, etc.

But to USE GSX you must INSTALL GSX, using the GSX installer. Installing just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, after a GSX removal, won't work. And of course, since the GSX installer contains everything needed to work, if you install using the GSX installer, there will be NO NEED to reinstall the Addon Mananger too.