Author Topic: When I view the instant replay with LD767 landing on kord,all the building gone  (Read 7493 times)

weijoin

like the subject,but when the replay finish,the building then be there, I have bought this scenery! plz tell me why?it's a bug? ???

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
read here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1020.msg8240#msg8240

"This is not a problem, it's how our sceneries works. Since 3d objects are not inside the BGL, because, in order to reclaim additional fps-improving features that FSX lost over FS9 (like precise control of objects display range, cut-off of objects depending on altitude and LOD that was lost with FSX SP2), we don't have 3d objects in the BGL files, but we draw them at runtime using C++ and Simconnect. Even our ground Ai traffic is not handled by FSX, but we draw it as if it was AI traffic, that's why it doesn't show up in replay.

You can use FS Recorder, which works nicely without sceneries."

Razgriz

FSRecorder works nicely with everything, it even shows FSX Acceleration moving carriers in replay.

http://www.fs-recorder.net

JamesChams

read here:

"This is not a problem, it's how our sceneries works. Since 3d objects are not inside the BGL, because, in order to reclaim additional fps-improving features that FSX lost over FS9 (like precise control of objects display range, cut-off of objects depending on altitude and LOD that was lost with FSX SP2), we don't have 3d objects in the BGL files, but we draw them at runtime using C++ and Simconnect. Even our ground Ai traffic is not handled by FSX, but we draw it as if it was AI traffic, that's why it doesn't show up in replay.

That's interesting Kappa!  Are you (FSDT) still programming them using the AFCAD as a track/route of travel?  I ask this because sometimes I see them just stop infront of me while I'm taxiing and don't know why they don't move out of the way or yeild/give me the right of way (that's how it is in life); I usually have to taxi around them before they startup again and I usually get NO warning from ATC about they're crossing and they sometimes show up twice in the same place or seem to repeat themselves in the same route.

1. Why?

2. Also, can you get them to do pushback?

But overall they seem really nice!  :D
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
That's interesting Kappa!  Are you (FSDT) still programming them using the AFCAD as a track/route of travel?

No, it's entirely done outside the AFCAD, we give the vehicles a start point and a set of waypoints/speeds to follow. However, they are real ground AI, not just animations so, they have a  physic simulation and behaviour, which is done entirely by FSX, we haven't programmed anything regarding to when to stop/start in proximity of the user airplane, etc.

2. Also, can you get them to do pushback?

We'll be probably able to make them doing anything in the future...consider that the ground AIs is something that we had for a while, they are still not using anything of the capabilities of our new Python engine, which will expand considerably our control over simulation objects.

weijoin

read here:

thanks for your answer!thanks everybody