Author Topic: Cabin sounds in Majestic Dash Q400 **SOLVED**  (Read 5957 times)

keithgiannoni

Cabin sounds in Majestic Dash Q400 **SOLVED**
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:49:08 am »
Hi,

Apologies but I cannot find this subject in Forums.

GSX working really well since purchase. I notice with the Majestic Dash I do not hear any boarding/deboarding sounds. Everything else works. I have deselected the Majestic sounds, got the latest update (10 wav files etc), and place myself in the cabin. Is this another quirk of Majestic?

By the way, was delighted to see GSX works with the Dash unlike the rival software!!

Best,

Keith
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:47:17 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cabin sounds in Majestic Dash Q400
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 09:50:56 pm »
Do you hear the GSX boarding/deboarding sounds in other airplanes ?

keithgiannoni

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:15:36 pm »
Hi,

Yes, everything works in all other aircraft. Everything works in the Dash save for the boarding/deboarding sounds.

Keith

Lude2Envy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 03:14:35 am »
I noticed the same thing yesterday in P3D 2.5 with the Q400.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

mattd319

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 04:16:00 pm »
I also use FSX and experience the same problem (no boarding or deplaning sounds) with the MJ Q400 and Qualitywings 757 series.  It works perfect with other add-on aircraft, though. (ie: PMDG 737, 777, and Aerosoft A319+ all work fine)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:49:52 pm »
Please note if you see the message "Passengers deboarded. Baggage loading in progress" very quickly after the deboarding started. This indicates the passenger process has terminated so, if it was too quick, no sounds were played.

If the process was too quick, it's because the airplane was empty. GSX reads the station load using the official Simconnect calls to get the total weight of all stations. Of course, if an airplane like the Q400, which a custom flight model, doesn't use the standard FSX variables to hold the station load, there's no way for GSX to know about the airplane load.

If this happens with any other airplane that uses standard variables, and I'm sure the QW757 is one of them ( like 99% of 3rd party airplanes ), the problem it's just that you haven't loaded the airplane, so it's considered to be empty, and this concludes the passenger boarding process very quickly (so no sounds will be played), even if the baggage animation is continuing, because they are two separate things.

keithgiannoni

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:52 pm »
Thanks for the update. I think, as you say, the Dash does not know the FSX variables for weights. A separate control panel is used for weights and balance etc. My boarding works perfectly in relation to times start and finish along with all else save, simply for the cabin sounds. I get the boarding indication, and then when boarding is completed. But hear nothing. Incidentally, I note the boarding will start with the passenger door closed, yet baggage will not load/unload until the cargo door is opened.

There was Q400 patch released today but has not changed anything. I'm more than happy to continue minus the boarding sounds!!

Keith

keithgiannoni

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 12:15:18 am »
Hi,

Please ignore my above, I have solved the problem. The clue was in the front passenger door, it had not been programmed to GSX. I simply used the Customise Aircraft Section to open and customise the front passenger door using the 3 D option. Once saved, hey presto voices of boarding passengers!! I did the same for the PMDG Jetstream JS4's front passenger door.

This really is a great piece of software!!!

Keith
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:36:04 am by keithgiannoni »