Author Topic: vehicles jerking a lot while in motion **SOLVED**  (Read 5290 times)

coolgovind180

vehicles jerking a lot while in motion **SOLVED**
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »
all of a sudden..i am noticing all my gsx vehicles jerking and moving while they are in motion..although it doesnt cause any frame drops..but it looks wierd...the vehicles move in jerked motion...may i kindly know what might be the issue??

thanking you

govind
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:06:11 am by virtuali »

coolgovind180

Re: vehicles jerking a lot while in motion
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »
here is a video demonstrating it...

&feature=youtu.be

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:55 pm »
GSX communicates with FSX using Simconnect so, the most likely cause for this, is another addon ( or a combination of addons ) that are sending so many commands to Simconnect, that the communication channel for it is clogged, so GSX is not able to send its own commands in time.

A troubleshooting method might be disabling EVERY 3rd party addon, and then trying, by re-enabling them one by one, which one is causing this.

coolgovind180

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:52:58 am »
recently..ASN has released SP2 beta update...and even ASN uses simconnect...and would this be causing this issue?? because i guess i noticed this jerking after updating ASN to SP2 beta update...also i do have fsps ultimate airline crew 2014...does this also use simconnect to communicate with FSX? but i had UAC 2014 from much before...and it was not causing any issues...either it might be due to ASN latest beta release of SP2 or i have no idea what because other than updating ASN to SP2...i didnt change anything in my sim....

Umberto...may i please know what weather engine you use..and if its ASN what is the current version that you are using?

thanking you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:08:23 am »
does this also use simconnect to communicate with FSX?

Basically every addon uses Simconnect to communicate with FSX.

Umberto...may i please know what weather engine you use..and if its ASN what is the current version that you are using?

I don't use any add-on, other than enabling on the fly those needed to test a new airplane to be included in GSX (like FSUIPC for an FSUIPC-requiring airplanes or PMDG modules for PMDG, etc.).

There are simply too many addons out there to be able to even KNOWN about their existence, let alone buying them, installing them and test them. If we had to become FSX users too (installing stuff, flying, etc.) we wouldn't had any time to develop anything, let alone supporting users, etc.  We can only rely on other users for reports about potential issues with other product. That's also why there's Trial version of everything FSDT.

This is the reason why I said to first disable everything, to test GSX all alone and, assuming the stuttering is gone, re-enable each module, one by one, until you find the one causing this.

There are other options too, it's possible to enable Simconnect diagnostic mode, and see if there's an addon sending too much stuff out, or generating errors, and they can cause stutters to everything. But first, try GSX with every other add-on disabled, so you can be sure the problem is not there.

Disabling every other module is accomplished very easily without having to uninstall anything, by setting the following line:

<Disabled>True></Disabled>

In all the modules sections of the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML and EXE.XML file too. Of course, everything must disabled EXCEPT the line relative to bglmanx.dll in the DLL.XML file, and the line relative to Couatl.exe in the EXE.XML.

If you do that, you can test GSX with no other Simconnect modules, without having to Uninstall anything, and of course it would be very easy to re-enable each module, by setting the lines to <Disabled>False</Disabled>
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:13:38 am by virtuali »

coolgovind180

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 05:54:33 am »
hey umberto,

I did a thorough trouble shooting yesterday to look in to this issue:

STEP 1: Started flight simulator X gold without any 3rd party add ons. Only add ons present were REX 4 texture direct and FTX sceneries which has no connection with simconnect and does not send any info through simconnect. Started GSX, called for catering vehicles and boarding..everything went so smooth , fps locked at 30..no drop in frames, no jerking at all. All smooth. resetted GSX positions.

STEP 2: Started ASN SP2. The weather conditions at LDDU were a bit cloudy only yesterday night. no severe weather conditions. at this time, again started GSX and called for catering vehicles and boarding. this time also, smooth movement of gsx vehicles. no jerking or any issues. carried this operation for some time. all smooth. resetted the positions in GSX.

STEP 3: Started FSPS Ultimate airline crew 2014 and FSPS 3D cockpit effects. with ASN still present and 3rd party add ons mentioned, GSX was started called for catering and borading. Even at this condition, vehicles were smooth, no jerking observed. everything went smooth. carried this operation for some time. all smooth. resetted the positions in GSX.

STEP 4: with all these add ons and ASN still present, FSPassengers X was started and all parameters were set. Passenger loading was started. GSX operations were also initiated and catering services and boarding were also called for. at this time, very minor jerking was observed in GSX vehicles. These jerkings were not that intense as shown in the video, but very very minute. not even that significant to observe.

From the above 4 steps, it is very clear that none of the above add ons and the so called conditions created any jerking of GSx vehicles and thereby didnt cause any clogging of simconnect.

STEP 5: repeated the same steps above but now in a severe weather conditions(ASN), like rain, and cloudy thunderstorms. at this time, GSX vehicles were found to be jerking like shown in the video. This confirms that at severe weather conditions, ASN sendint too many datas to FSx via simconnect causes the clogging leading to GSX vehicles to jerk a lot.

Thus at the end of trouble shooting, this issue is confirmed to be caused by ASN at very severe weather conditions. and i have observed this to be significantly higher after updating ASN to SP2. this is the conclusion that i can arrive at. however i have not observed any drop in fps after updating ASN to SP2. the issue is only with too many datas sent to simconnect.

thanking you

govind

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:06 am »
Thus at the end of trouble shooting, this issue is confirmed to be caused by ASN at very severe weather conditions. and i have observed this to be significantly higher after updating ASN to SP2.

Thank you for your test, I was 100% sure it wasn't caused by GSX...if this is the case, the program is causing issues to all your addons, it's just you notice only in GSX, because GSX shows animated objects, so any stuttering caused by a delay to receive commands will be obvious.

coolgovind180

Re: vehicles jerking a lot while in motion **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 10:10:51 am »
actually it is only causing issues to gsx...i have other animated objects too like surrounding traffic, road vehicles..but they are all controlled by CPU and hence no stutters observed in these objects..only those add ons involved with simconnect are affected..but tht too only affected when there is very bad weather conditions!

thanking you

govind

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: vehicles jerking a lot while in motion **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:35:00 am »
actually it is only causing issues to gsx...

It only causes issues to GSX, because those are the only ones you can SEE. It's causing the same issue to other addons too but, of course, if another addon is relying on Simconnect to talk with FSX, but doesn't "show" anything on screen, it's affected, but you cannot notice it.

i have other animated objects too like surrounding traffic, road vehicles..but they are all controlled by CPU and hence no stutters observed in these objects..

Default vehicles and AI don't use Simconnect, so it's normal they won't be affected by issues with it caused by a 3rd party add-on-

only those add ons involved with simconnect are affected..but tht too only affected when there is very bad weather conditions!

All 3rd party addons use Simconnect, at least for 95% of what they do, so they are all equally affected (in bad weather, ok...), but you will notice only when they start drawing stuff on screen, that's why you are only noticing in GSX, because you don't have another addon that use Simconnect commands to display and move visible objects.