Author Topic: GSX - Prepar3D V2.5.12945.0 | Prepar3D Does Not Start  (Read 5886 times)

MPilotD

GSX - Prepar3D V2.5.12945.0 | Prepar3D Does Not Start
« on: April 13, 2015, 12:02:41 am »
Good evening,

I have recently bought P3D and wanted to install GSX on it. Unfortunately when I wanted to install it, the installer gave me a exe.dll erorr and said that it was corrupted (Appdata folder). Then after the install is finished, I open up Prepar3D and it closes a few seconds later. I believe that it is a compatibility issue regarding the Prepar3D version and the GSX version. Any help would be appreciated. FSX:SE worked before, and now it doesn't work either.

Regards,

Mike Dart

In addition to this, I also get this error
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:12:21 am by MPilotD »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Prepar3D V2.5.12945.0 | Prepar3D Does Not Start
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:57:09 am »
Unfortunately when I wanted to install it, the installer gave me a exe.dll erorr and said that it was corrupted (Appdata folder).

You have TWO entirely different and unrelated issues. The first one it's the XML corruption that has been established to have been caused by ANOTHER installer of ANOTHER product. The thread was exactly below this one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11834.0.html

Then after the install is finished, I open up Prepar3D and it closes a few seconds later.

That's an entirely different and unrelated issue, and it has been discussed here, instead, with the one and only solution:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

I believe that it is a compatibility issue regarding the Prepar3D version and the GSX version.

That's no compatibility issue whatsoever between GSX and P3D. The first problem it's caused by another faulty installer or another product you ran before, and the second problem is caused by other files you installed into the sim, which will be obvious to you if you contact me as instructed in the relevant thread.

Any help would be appreciated. FSX:SE worked before, and now it doesn't work either.

You mean it quits at starts with no error message ? See my reply above, same problem, contact me with a PM for a solution.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:07:16 pm by virtuali »

minniyer

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »
I have a Similar problem, i have the latest version of P3D v2.5.12945.0, but unlike MPilotD i didn't have any errors during installation, but P3d doesn't start, i click on it and it closes about 5-10 seconds later, but when i don't have GSX on it doesn't close when i open P3d. (i know this because i was flying this morning, and didn't install any other addons, and i uninstalled GSX and it opened, and installed it again with no errors and it didn't open)

Now i'm not a big computer genius so i don't get whats being said in the link posted about re-saving in ANSI format... if that's even the fix to my problems

thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 04:53:03 pm »
I click on it and it closes about 5-10 seconds later, but when i don't have GSX on it doesn't close when i open P3d. (i know this because i was flying this morning, and didn't install any other addons, and i uninstalled GSX and it opened, and installed it again with no errors and it didn't open)

As I've said in my previous message to the other user, the sim quitting at start is an entirely different issue that doesn't have anything to do with the XML encoding issue caused by another product that resulted in a error message by the INSTALLER.

The sim quitting at start with no error message is totally different, and it has been discussed here, instead, with the one and only solution:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:07:05 pm by virtuali »

minniyer

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 05:05:10 pm »
that link just takes me to the general discussion board, looked in the posts cant see solution, and if its completely re install p3d, then i dont think ill do that as ive already done it 2-3 times since new year

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 05:06:56 pm »
that link just takes me to the general discussion board, looked in the posts cant see solution

In the general discussion board, there's a sticky thread named on the top "FSX not starting after the latest Addon Manager update", here's the direct link to the post:

minniyer

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 05:08:55 pm »
ahh thanks i didnt click it because it said FSX, maybe update name of thread to "FSX/P3D Not starting...." :)

MPilotD

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 07:02:14 pm »
I could finally say that I have fixed it, sorry for no forum reply. Simple fix that had to do with a scenery issue... Thank you all for your support, blue skies.

Mike Dart