Author Topic: Help GSX Not Working **SOLVED**  (Read 5576 times)

BillEvans

Help GSX Not Working **SOLVED**
« on: February 24, 2015, 02:30:57 am »
I have, installed the Add On Manager, GSX and the Chicago OHare airport and confirmed that both products are active via the add on manager in FSX. I am using the Aero Soft Airbus A318 and have AES Ground Services installed also and it works perfect. My computer is a high powered Windows 8 computer with 12 gig memory and separate graphics card  that runs all other FSX add on's perfect. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold addition, read the manuals cover to cover several times and nothing. I hope I didn't waste my money. This software worked on my old Windows 7 machine with 1/2 the power of this one. Help please... :-\

Bill   wme1933@aol.com
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:39:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help GSX Not Working
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 09:26:54 am »
read the manuals cover to cover several times and nothing. I hope I didn't waste my money

"Nothing" what ? How we can possibly help you, if after all your report, you haven't said anything about what's happening or why GSX is "not working" ?

Do you have any errors ? If yes, which ones ?

Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Is the O'Hare scenery working normally ?

Do you have the GSX menu entries under the "Couatl powered products" menu ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 01:18:01 pm »
when I land for instance and want  the Follow Me Truck to appear, I push CTL Shift F12 (as that is how I set it up) and nothing shows up. When I am parked at the gate with the parking brake set and want a service no menu appears.

Enable logging from the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu, then restart FSX, go in the same airport and call GSX (nothing will happen, according to your report).

Exit FSX, and post your Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR (if present) files in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 06:51:28 pm »
Your log file doesn't show anything wrong, and it shows that GSX is loading and running correctly.

If you hit the GSX key, and nothing happens, the most likely cause is that key has been already used by another addon so, you must either change it in GSX or in the other addon.

Also, check if you haven't inadvertently set the GSX Verbosity slider in the GSX Settings to minimum, perhaps you there was a message or a warning, but you can't see it because you set the slider to suppress any text messages from GSX.

BillEvans

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 02:20:15 am »
I did all the things you suggested and all the GSX Verbosity sliders in the GSX Settings are set correctly but still the software is not working. When I went to the web site to get the latest up dates the GSX menu shows up with messages with directions  as it should. It just doesn't want to work for me as a ground service. I have no idea what to do at this point and I have the latest up dates installed but nothing. Thanks for trying though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:16:09 am »
I did all the things you suggested and all the GSX Verbosity sliders in the GSX Settings are set correctly but still the software is not working.

Your log shows the software is working normally. Again, if it doesn't respond to keys, it's because another addon is using them. Try to assign the YouControl and GSX keys to a very unusual key combination, like TAB+F12 and TAB+Shift+F12, for example.

BillEvans

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »
I tried both of your key assignment suggestions and nothing makes a difference. I even tired other combinations. I have the key assignment set to Shift Tab F12 but that combination makes no difference. I really like GSX as it worked so very well on my old Windows 7 machine that I no longer have running. This has to be a simple problem acting like a major problem. It is beginning to look like GSX is not going to work out for me on this computer.

BillEvans

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »
I changed the key assignments to CTL TAB and it works. Thank you for all of your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:32 pm »
I changed the key assignments to CTL TAB and it works. Thank you for all of your help.

Do you mean TAB+F12 didn't work, but CTRL+TAB did ?

This is odd, assuming another addon is not using TAB+F12 too, could be the problem is your F12 key not working, or maybe disabled because of some other function key or something else specific to your keyboard ?

BillEvans

Re: Help GSX Not Working **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 07:49:52 pm »
I spoke too soon as it is no longer working. I even switched keyboards around one a wireless that works fine and the other the keyboard that came with the computer. Reinstalled the software and nothing. So the problem is not solved. Wonder what it is.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 09:36:43 am »
I spoke too soon as it is no longer working. I even switched keyboards around one a wireless that works fine and the other the keyboard that came with the computer. Reinstalled the software and nothing. So the problem is not solved. Wonder what it is.

I'm sorry, but this simply cannot happen, and nobody ever reported it before. And you said yourself it worked for a while. Again, either you keyboard is not working, or another addon is using the same keys.

And note that, GSX is NOT trying to read your keyboard directly. It ASKS to FSX to use the keyboard so, whatever problem you have with keys, it's not GSX, because it's already happening in FSX itself.

But is still working with the Fuel key ? That clearly proves GSX is working normally, and something wrong is happening to the other key definitions  instead.

BillEvans

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 07:00:09 pm »
Well when all else fails you just start all over. I did and you can now close out this posting as all is working well. Thank you so much for your help.