Author Topic: All of a sudden sim began crashing on start up. **SOLVED**  (Read 4511 times)

alexzar14

All of a sudden sim began crashing on start up. **SOLVED**
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:59:31 am »
Problem traced to FSDT.

Per instructions on this site: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/683...rst-installed/ I deleted the dll.xml in the fsx-cfg folder.
Sim started ok and closed ok, sceneries appeared ok except those by FSDT, they missed the buildings (a known issue, had it before and had to reinstall any 1 scenery to generate a new coarlf-something add-on manager).
I now reinstalled the scenery (any 1), which generated a new dll.xml, started the sim and it crashed.
Deleted the dll.xml, sim started but FSDT sceneries had no buildings. And this went in cycles... ->
1. Installing a scenery => crash on start up.
2. Removing the dll.xml => sim starts and closes but FSDT sceneries have no buildings.
3. Unistalling the sceneries => sim starts and closes but no FSDT sceneries.

I have all USA-FSDT sceneries and fly between these mainly, plus FlightBeam, FlyTampa and LatinVFR KMIA, so giving up on FSDT is not an option.
An option-2 is to reinstall FSX with all add-ons, something I really want to avoid doing due to lack of time and patience it would take.
An option-3 (preferred option) is you guys helping me with this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:09:30 am by virtuali »

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
Re: All of a sudden sim began crashing on start up.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 06:37:16 am »
Hi there I came looking to the forum with the same issue, I am currently running a fresh instal and after 3 tries I clicked no to current AFCAD and the problem went away. Try that .

Happy Flights!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:23 am »
With "Sim crashed", you mean a silent quit to Desktop, without any errors ? If yes, there's a sticky thread in this very section, which points to the one and only solution:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

Awaiting your message (private)

alexzar14

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 03:28:07 pm »
Hi there I came looking to the forum with the same issue, I am currently running a fresh instal and after 3 tries I clicked no to current AFCAD and the problem went away. Try that .
Happy Flights!

It's a virtuali module, not afcad :-(

alexzar14

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »
With "Sim crashed", you mean a silent quit to Desktop, without any errors ? If yes, there's a sticky thread in this very section, which points to the one and only solution:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

Awaiting your message (private)

Not really "silent", a message in a small window appears, saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator Has Stopped Working".
Let's try your solution...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »
Not really "silent", a message in a small window appears, saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator Has Stopped Working".Let's try your solution...

No, in this case, if you DO see an error message, check this thread instead:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11597.30.html

Yes, the thread is for P3D, but the solution might apply to FSX too.  it's  The TM session was required ONLY for a silent Quit to Desktop on start, without any errors.

alexzar14

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 03:44:18 pm »
Will try it tonight.

alexzar14

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 02:37:39 am »
It works, Hurray!
oh boy I almost had a heart attack these past 2 days, my favorite "toy" (fsx with splendid addons) wasn't working!