Author Topic: "That was not a very good parking"  (Read 3468 times)

liketofly

"That was not a very good parking"
« on: February 25, 2015, 09:07:52 pm »
Hi,

What are the parameters, the guy is judging my parking on? I'm alway within a few cm of my supposed parking spot - so what is he complaining about and is there a way to bribe the guy to relax a little and give me a break?

kind regards
Richi

Rustydog

Re: "That was not a very good parking"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »
You could always be a bit slow on the brakes and run the git over. :D
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

Artur

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 10:30:10 am »
It's a little hard to stop in the parameters wich is consider by GSX "a very good parking", because the coordinates are read from the AFCAD airport.bgl (depend where are you landing) for ex. at EGLL from EGLL.bgl
To make a test you shoud select the option that "teleport" you there and look if is at the same exact point where you park by hand, or more simply run GSX after you park at the gate  ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:37:18 am by Artur »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »
If the parking doesn't have a docking system, you might enable the Marshaller distance readout in the GSX - Settings ( should be enabled by default ), and that will help a lot with parking.

If the parking DOES have a docking system, and it's an FSDT scenery, TRUST the docking system, because the evaluation obviously interact with it.

If the parking DOES have a docking system, but it's not FSDT, so you are using a 3rd party scenery with its own docking system, then it's best you just forget about the parking evaluation, unless that 3rd party developer did it so well, than the docking system is perfectly tuned to let you always park with the airplane reference point exactly in the middle of the AFCAD parking spot, *regardless* of the airplane type, which is not very easy to do.

We do it, of course, in all our Docking systems, but can't guaranteed that every 3rd party developer would be able to do that.