Author Topic: FSX and Prepar3d Dual Install  (Read 7487 times)

andreuroig

FSX and Prepar3d Dual Install
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:35:04 pm »
I tried researching this topic and although I have found some useful comments with regard to Simconnect, I still have trouble making GSX work in Prepar3d 2.4

In FSX it is installed and working fine.
In Prepar3d, no GSX menu appears in the Addons Menu (Active Sky Next does appear for example).
I have downloaded the latest file from this website.
I have run both MSI files which I read from another post.
And I have no antivirus running in my machine.

I have sen that the "fsdreamteam" folder is installed into FSX but in Prepar3d, there's no "fsdreamteam" folder.
FSX is in one partition and Prepar3d on a different one.

Appreciate any input.
Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX and Prepar3d Dual Install
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 11:01:23 am »
In Prepar3d, no GSX menu appears in the Addons Menu (Active Sky Next does appear for example).

If you don't have other 3rd party menu items too, the problem is certainly not GSX or its installation. All addons uses Simconnect. If your Simconnect install has a problem, no addon will run.

I have downloaded the latest file from this website I have run both MSI files which I read from another post.

If you really downloaded the latest installer from our site, you might have notice that it also runs the .MSI file for you, so that wasn't necessary, but it won't cause problems if you did it manually too.

I have sen that the "fsdreamteam" folder is installed into FSX but in Prepar3d, there's no "fsdreamteam" folder.
FSX is in one partition and Prepar3d on a different one.

This LOOKS to be a problem caused by the P3D Migration Tool, that must be disabled when installing something that supports and recognize P3D, like all our products.

andreuroig

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:28:28 am »
Thank you for your answers.

1. The only third party addon is Active Sky and DOES appear in the Addon Menu.
2. Ok
3. What migration tool? I haven't used one.
Just for my understanding, should a "fsdreamteam" folder also exist inside the Prepar3d game folder?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:35:00 am »
1. The only third party addon is Active Sky and DOES appear in the Addon Menu.

Sorry, I misread your post. In this case, are you sure you installed the correct MSI file ? The one for FSX SP2. Active Sky might require an earlier version of Simconnect like RTM or SP1 so, if that one is installed, but the FSX SP2 version is not, only addons requiring the RTM or SP1 version of the Simconnect library will work, but not those requiring the SP2 version, like all our modules.

So, be sure you installed the SP2 Simconnect .MSI file.

Just for my understanding, should a "fsdreamteam" folder also exist inside the Prepar3d game folder?

Yes, AFTER you install any FSDT product, just like in FSX.

If you still can't see the menus, and you are sure you installed the correct .MSI file, try this:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching P3D, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourP3DFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourP3DFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if P3D asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When P3D loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

andreuroig

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:39:28 pm »
The thing is that I do not have any antivirus installed.

I have uninstalled GSX from FSX and followed the exact steps you mention.
When I reinstall again, it installs for FSX only. No "fsdreamtem" folder appears in Prepar3d.

andreuroig

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 05:17:48 pm »
Managed to install it and working fine by uninstalling FSX.
This is the only way it will install into Prepar3d. :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 12:19:57 pm »
Managed to install it and working fine by uninstalling FSX. This is the only way it will install into Prepar3d. :(

There's no need whatsoever to uninstall FSX to install into P3D. All our installers are DESIGNED to work with all sims installed, I have FSX, FSX:SE, P3D 1.4 and P3D 2.5 and they ALL work together, in their correct folders, with no interference between them.

The only possible reason why you had to Uninstall FSX first, is that your P3D registry keys were corrupted by the use of the P3D Migration Tool (even if you used it long ago), so they mistakenly pointed to the FSX folder instead of the P3D folder, and removing FSX fixed this.

andreuroig

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 03:28:03 pm »
Have never purchased or used the Migration Tool.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 05:05:32 pm »
Have never purchased or used the Migration Tool.

Then your P3D registry keys were corrupted/wrong AS IF you used it. Again, nothing to do with our installers, which works correctly with both sims installed, provided (of course) each sim registry keys are pointing to the correct folders, which surely wasn't your case before uninstalling FSX.