Author Topic: not seeing err reports  (Read 2693 times)

danroman

not seeing err reports
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:28:29 am »
I keep getting a message that couatl is being forced to restart by unknown, and that I should see the err file for details.  I notice that there has not been an error message added since may 2014.  How can I make sure Couatl is recording my errors so I can do something about them?
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: not seeing err reports
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:29:43 pm »
Errors are logged if you have Logging enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page.

danroman

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:02:39 am »
was already enabled.   I notice the other files in the virtuali folder are updated....   just the err file does not update.  I guess I should just get rid of all the fsdt and  related airports and reload them, eh?   Something is haywire.  Is there a way to clean virtuali out of my registry, as well?
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:32:12 am »
Uninstall and reinstalling will not have any effect, dnd so "registry cleaning. If an .ERR file is not created with Logging enabled, it means there was no error OR the error was caused by an EXTERNAL cause, most likely another program interfering, so the program couldn't even access the code that writes the error log.

The error log cannot contain problems caused by other products, it will only contains errors in the Python engine language, that happens inside the Couatl.exe program, because it REALIZED there was an error. Error caused by interference by other products, such antivirus or other invasive executables (maybe not even related to Flight sim) cannot be logged.

danroman

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 01:41:50 am »
Thank you.  That helps me focus.