Author Topic: FSDT Installer doesn't start **SOLVED**  (Read 3578 times)

KAB

FSDT Installer doesn't start **SOLVED**
« on: February 16, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »
Hi !

I have encountered a problem with the FSDT-installers (any product) after a clean install of P3D V2.5.
When executing an installer exe and upon clicking "run" on the warning dialog nothing happens. I have tried running as administrator and without the virus scanner with no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Kjell A.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:09:38 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Installers problem with fresh P3D-install
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 02:57:49 pm »
n install of P3D V2.5. When executing an installer exe and upon clicking "run" on the warning dialog nothing happens. I have tried running as administrator and without the virus scanner with no success.

This doesn't have anything to do with the sim used, since the installer hasn't even got a chance to start, according to your report, so I changed the subject thread to something more appropriate.

Something in your computer is blocking the installer from running, and the most common case it's the antivirus, so you must disable it. Another possible reason is that you have inadvertently put us in the untrusted publishers:

To fix this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Publishers" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

If this doens't fix it, it's possible that instead, you simply started the installer a 2nd time because it didn't seemed to work the first time (it was probably working, and you simply had to wait a bit), so the 2nd click caused the fist installer to be stuck.

To fix this, restart Windows and try again, and wait for the installer to start without trying to click again on it. If your antivirus is still active, it will take a while for the installer to start, because the antivirus is slowing it down by examining all files, one by one, while they are uncompressed in the Windows temporary folder.

KAB

Re: FSDT Installer doesn't start
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 05:08:58 pm »
Thank for your reply and suggestions.

I have gone trough your potential problem items. The anti virus is disabled, and also the untrusted software list is checked. Unfortunately there is no progress with running the installer. I also have checked there are no relevant running or hanging processes. All that I can observe is that the installer opens up and closes during a nanosecond and barely gets visible on the windows toolbar before it shuts down.

All this is very strange. What I have done lately is uninstalled FSX and P3D v2.4, and then installed P3D v2.5. Could any of these actions made any hickups?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:53:08 am »
You can activate logging in the installer this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer (GSX, in this example) with this command:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

KAB

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 04:48:37 pm »
Problem found and solved!

It was the windows registry path to P3D that was wrong. I did your install.log execution of the installer and found that the installer terminated when it did not find Prepar3D.

Thanks a lot!