Author Topic: SUGGESTION FOR GSX  (Read 2577 times)

keithgiannoni

SUGGESTION FOR GSX
« on: February 08, 2015, 10:36:01 am »
Hi,

Firstly congratulations on a great product. I have used AES for some two years and decided to try GSX following many recommendations. I'm glad I did. I think my timing has been excellent to include the latest release with all the added extras. Its strength, for me, lies in the ability to have GSX at any airfield. So, when flying various IVAO Country Tours, it at least brings some life to default FSX. It also excellent value for money.

One suggestion for future release. Following the Washington 737 disaster, airports now have de-icing facilities en route to the runways, and these are simulated in the payware sceneries. Thus, this would be a great, realistic option for us to have such a facility in addition to deicing on stand. 

Being still new to the product, I notice that some pushbacks, even when a L/R is selected, still only push straight back. Reading the manual, I want to add pushback  points. There are numerous AFCAD editors on line, can anyone recommend a product?

Best,

Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SUGGESTION FOR GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:35:19 am »
One suggestion for future release. Following the Washington 737 disaster, airports now have de-icing facilities en route to the runways, and these are simulated in the payware sceneries. Thus, this would be a great, realistic option for us to have such a facility in addition to deicing on stand.  

This has been discussed on the forum, and yes, we are considering it, but it's not just a GSX feature, it's also something that must be tweaked individually for each scenery.

I notice that some pushbacks, even when a L/R is selected, still only push straight back.

If you only have a straight pushback option, the most likely cause it's you are using a 3rd party airport with a parking set to "None" as pushback preference.

Reading the manual, I want to add pushback  points.

Maybe you don't. In most of the cases, it might be enough to set the pushback preference to Left/Right or "Both"

There are numerous AFCAD editors on line, can anyone recommend a product ?

AFX is probably the best, but ADE is very good and it's free.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:03:24 pm by virtuali »

keithgiannoni

Re: SUGGESTION FOR GSX
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:42:23 pm »
Many thanks for the response. Keep up the good work.

Keith