Author Topic: GSX not locating parking spots **SOLVED**  (Read 4617 times)

pchimbolo

GSX not locating parking spots **SOLVED**
« on: March 24, 2015, 02:36:31 am »
I've seen this in several airports recently, but let me start with LatinVFR - KSNA John Wayne because it's the most recent for me.

Essentially, when I load any aircraft from the P3D scenerio screen into a gate at KSNA P3D locates me correctly (i.e. jetways are in the right place, my nose wheel is on the parking center line etc.)

However, when I open GSX it doesn't recogbize that I'm in a valid parking spot and wants me to pick a spot and either taxi to, or warp to it.

When I select the spot I had P3D place me in, then select "Just warp me there" my aircraft gets moved to a place that is somewhere in between parking spots, and sometimes (depending on the spot I choose) into the terminal building.

I've done tried removing the two folders:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

The reindexing most certainly recreates them, but the problem persists.

For curiosity sake, I also used the "Simple Airport Scanner" from scruffyduck to see if there were any other KSNA afcads in play in my P3D v2.5 installation.  There are not, there is supposedly only the one from LatinVFR.

As I said, I know this has happened with other addon airports, but not all.

Any thoughts on the possible issues that remain?

I hope I provided enough information.   Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:57:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX surely correctly localize sceneries and their parking, provided it finds and uses the correct AFCAD. The reasons why the scenery AFCAD is not used might be different:

- The AFCAD has errors, so it has been rejected and another one is used in its place

OR

- There's another AFCAD in conflict, so that is used instead

OR

- You are using the P3D Migration tool, so the whole location for the sceneries used is wrong, so you must turn off the P3D Migration tool.

It's possible to check which AFCAD is in use by GSX by opening the "customize airport positions" menu and looking at the name of the AFCAD used. If the name is not the right one, it's possible check why, by enabling Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the GSX Settings menu, and looking at the Couatl.LOG file that will be created in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder on the next startup.

pchimbolo

Nevermind Umberto!  But thank you for you timely response!!!  You are the best.

Alas, it turns out my P3D scenery.cfg file had some miscellany in it.   Specifically, it had a line of "#########" in it.   I found the Forum entry (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7243.15.html) talking about that.

Sorry for the goose chase!