Author Topic: No vehicles shows up/"Missing files"  (Read 6838 times)

Scandinavian

No vehicles shows up/"Missing files"
« on: February 01, 2015, 12:26:51 am »
Whenever I try to use GSX I get an error saying an unknown thing is causing GSX to not work. When I open the error log I get this.

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Sat Jan 31 23:56:14 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 149, in show
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 124, in perform
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 599, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1102, in setGate
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 55, in materialize
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 417, in makeTrain
  File "couatl\common\train.py", line 41, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\modelCustomization.py", line 316, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed

I started GSX's logging function and in the end of the log I get this.

Error: no model of type BaggageLoader installed
Error: no model of type Staircase installed
Error: no model of type Staircase installed
Error: no model of type PassengerBus installed
Error: no model of type Catering installed
Error: no model of type Catering installed
Error: no model of type FuelTruck installed
Error: no model of type DeIce installed
Error: no model of type DeIce installed
Error: no model of type Pushback installed
Error: no model of type BaggageTractor installed

I have searched the forum, and from the other similar posts I have tried reinstalling GSX. (Done this multiple times), deleted the %appdata%\virtuali and C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folders after uninstalling and before reinstalling, checked that the folder definition in fsx.cfg is correct. That the path to FSX in the registry is correct and ending in \. All to no avail.

As far as I can see all the "missing" models are there in the misc folder.

It does not matter what airport or aircraft I use.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No vehicles shows up/"Missing files"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 04:21:09 pm »
As far as I can see all the "missing" models are there in the misc folder.

That doesn't seem to be a GSX problem at all. It's likely your FSX.CFG that has being corrupted by another addon or by having hand-edited in the wrong way, so you are not missing just the GSX object, but also all the default "Misc" library of objects.

See this thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9162.msg73226.html#msg73226

Scandinavian

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 07:53:59 pm »
As I said in my original post. All the path definitions are checked and as they should be according to your earlier posts on the subject.
I have an extra path for an extra folder, listed as #6 other than that nothing different. Could this be the case of GSX not working because of the extra path, if not what other options do you have?

Tackpack which also heavily uses the misc folder is working just fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:06:15 pm »
I have an extra path for an extra folder, listed as #6 other than that nothing different. Could this be the case of GSX not working because of the extra path, if not what other options do you have?

No, it's not a problem, as long the line is correct. As I've said in the post I've linked:

"If another add-on needs its own section, be sure to ADD its path on a new line, starting from SimObjectPaths.6=, etc."

GSX doesn't read that file at all. If the lines are all correct, FSX will use the paths, and so GSX will use it too. If they are not correct, neither FSX or any other FSX addon will use paths referenced there.

Tackpack which also heavily uses the misc folder is working just fine.

If you are SURE another addon requiring the Simconnect\Misc path is working (you haven't said that in your first message, you just said you checked the fsx.cfg, but that doesn't said if you checked correctly, so I had to ask), then the problem can only be the following:

You haven't installed GSX, but just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Maybe you uninstalled it for some reason, then reinstalled it and reinstalled only the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, but not the GSX program itself, so you are missing all the objects.

Install GSX using the FULL GSX installer.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:09:02 pm by virtuali »

Scandinavian

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 08:21:26 pm »
I have used the full installer from the GSX site each time. But I can of course just do it again.

I had at a time both the FSX and the Prepared3D edition installed at the same time, but now after the last one or maybe two reinstalls of it only the FSX version is installed. Could it have something to do with a previous dual install of some sort interfering with each other and not clearing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 08:25:16 pm »
I had at a time both the FSX and the Prepared3D edition installed at the same time, but now after the last one or maybe two reinstalls of it only the FSX version is installed. Could it have something to do with a previous dual install of some sort interfering with each other and not clearing?

That would indicate your registry keys are wrong/missing, likely because you might have used the Migration Tool. Try to enable Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" page, and post your %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\Couatl.LOG file

Scandinavian

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:59 pm »
Here is the log file.

I haven't used any migration tools with Prepar3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 02:39:11 pm »
Your log shows you tried to use the default AirCreation Ultralight, which doesn't have any suitable vehicle and it's not usable in GSX, so it's normal it won't work.

If that's not the airplane you use normally, redo the LOG using the airplane you use normally, and let the error appear first, THEN exit from FSX and get THAT log.

Scandinavian

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 08:09:03 pm »
Here you go.

Scandinavian

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 08:20:07 pm »
Here is another.
The first one I stood on the runway and asked for a gate to be active. Got the unknown error pop up and the log which I included in the post before.

In this log I stood at a gate and asked for deboarding. It asks me to open doors, and does the deboarding process, so everything seems to work except the models.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 11:29:39 am »
I think there must be something wrong in your Simobjects folder. If it's ok for you, we can arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can check your system directly. Send me a PM to arrange that.

Scandinavian

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 07:13:42 pm »
No need, I have found the solution.  :D

Turns out RAF Wattisham, UK - Circa 1991 by Airfield Construction Group (ACG), which uses the SODE addon to add some movable objects in the scenery places a few files directly in the Misc folder.
So after i removed the sim.cfg file from the folder GSX sprung back into life. So I guess a sim.cfg directly in the Misc folder is a no no with GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 10:08:56 am »
So after i removed the sim.cfg file from the folder GSX sprung back into life.

That's exactly what I suspected, because we already had another report, coming from another 3rd party product that probably did the same mistake:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11450.msg88279.html#msg88279

So I guess a sim.cfg directly in the Misc folder is a no no with GSX.

It's a no-no with FSX, since it's totally out of standard.