Author Topic: Whole bunch of GSX problems **SOLVED**  (Read 11270 times)

dtrox767

Whole bunch of GSX problems **SOLVED**
« on: January 20, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »
Hello all,

sit down and strap in because this post is going to have a bunch to cover.  I'll start from the beginning.

I recently moved for college and transported my sim with me, no big deal, i've done it multiple times.  This time, however, once I got everything put together and running I tried to reposition a couple vehicles and when I when into slew mode my aircraft (PMDG 737-800WL) had a heart attack and started spazzing out.  I did find that the solution was to simply unplug my rudder pedals (1st problem resolved).  This, in some way or another, has translated into not being able to pushback by 737 with GSX.  I have no idea how to correct this or what should be done.  I did try to fix it though, and after a long while of messing around with stuff and not coming up with any solutions I decided to uninstall and reinstall the product.  That was a terrible idea because now I don't have GSX AT ALL.  I don't know what I need to do.

Summary:
I slewed the airplane and messed up the pushback for the 737 with GSX
I uninstalled the product
When I tried to reinstall it, it didn't work
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Thanks in advance,

dtrox
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:07:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Whole bunch of GSX problems
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »
If your joystick/rudder is not properly calibrated, then yes, it's likely the airplane would jump away when you enter the GSX graphic editor. This can be fixed in one of the following ways:

- Disable the joystick before entering the editor, by pressing CTRL+K

OR

- Calibrate the null zone correctly

OR

- Remove all joystick axes to allow movement of the airplane in SLEW mode. This is probably the best solution.

However, just because the airplane jumped away, cannot possibly result in the GSX pushback not working UNLESS, while slewing away, you also managed to move some vehicle (maybe the pushback itself) in a strange position AND SAVE Applied the changes.

This should be fixed by removing the airport customization file located at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, look for an .INI file that starts with the airport ICAO and includes some extra random characters.

About then losing GSX just by reinstalling, this shouldn't normally happen. Have you used the latest full installer found on our website ?

dtrox767

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:28:03 pm »
I did use the latest full installer after I uninstalled the program previously and that has gotten me to where I am now.  When i'm in the sim I have access to the addon manager, which does say that GSX is active, but when I press ctrl + f12 the menu doesn't pop up for me to be able to choose anything.

Thanks, for your input on the other issues, I will try them out later this evening if I can get GSX running.

dtrox

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 08:37:02 pm »
When i'm in the sim I have access to the addon manager, which does say that GSX is active, but when I press ctrl + f12 the menu doesn't pop up for me to be able to choose anything.

Do you also have the "Couatl powered products" menu visible, with all the GSX sub-menus ?

dtrox767

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 08:41:03 pm »
No I don't, last night when I was messing with all of this stuff the only thing I could see in the addon menu was the addon manager, when I would click on it and navigate to the GSX page it would say that the product was active, although I was unable to get the GSX menu to come up when I would hit the appropriate keys in the game.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:49:24 pm »
No I don't, last night when I was messing with all of this stuff the only thing I could see in the addon menu was the addon manager, when I would click on it and navigate to the GSX page it would say that the product was active, although I was unable to get the GSX menu to come up when I would hit the appropriate keys in the game.

GSX doesn't work without Couatl running, because the whole program is running under it. Try this:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

dtrox767

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 10:50:20 pm »
All of that sounds good and doable but the first step is what's tripping me up right now...
I went into control panel and all I have that relates to GSX in any way is "VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX FSX"

Would this change the outcome or is this the item I need to uninstall?

dtrox767

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 11:23:53 pm »
additionally,

I'm not 100% sure how to determine which files specifically I would like to be excluded from the scan.  I use McAfee.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 11:33:17 pm »
I went into control panel and all I have that relates to GSX in any way is "VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX FSX"

If this is the case, that's not right, it seems you installed the Addon Manager, but not GSX itself. Note that, is listed under "Fsdreamteam GSX" in the Control Panel.

Be sure you have installed GSX, using the GSX full installer.

I'm not 100% sure how to determine which files specifically I would like to be excluded from the scan.  I use McAfee.

Those files:

YourFSXFolder is a placeholder what whatever folder you installed FSX into. By default it's C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator, but it might be something else, if you installed it elsewhere.

dtrox767

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 03:41:34 am »
IT WORKED!! IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY!!

All is right with the world now.

However, while I was installing the program I had an error pop up that said
"ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!"

I'm not sure what to do about this but the product worked so i'm not too terribly concerned.

Thanks for all of the help over the last week!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 10:07:20 pm »
However, while I was installing the program I had an error pop up that said  "ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!"

The message about the vehicles, it’s not a real problem, it only shows that either your default airport vehicles file was missing, or it wasn’t the original from Microsoft but might have been enhanced by some 3rd party add-on. In this case, the file won’t be patched. But this won’t cause any issue, other than possibly having two pushback truck at gate.

dtrox767

Re: Whole bunch of GSX problems **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 08:05:04 pm »
I have had another issue pop up here.  Yesterday I was flying and using GSX just fine without any issues.  This morning I got on and the old issue popped up.  I have the add-on manager and nothing else.  Whenever I would hit "ctrl + f12" nothing would happen.  I haven't uninstalled, changed, or attempted to modify anything on this computer. I'm a bit at a loss here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 10:06:07 pm »
This morning I got on and the old issue popped up.  I have the add-on manager and nothing else.

Then you should apply this solution, which you said yourself it worked:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

dtrox767

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 10:08:09 pm »
Yea, so I just tried again and it's working perfectly fine, odd little change.  Oh well! Thanks for the quick response!

dtrox767

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 06:35:25 pm »
Allrighty,  GSX hasn't been working again.  I've gone through the process and everything and I don't think that my anti-virus software is capable of isolating certain files to avoid whenever scanning the system.  I really have no idea what a sufficient solution would be at this point.