Author Topic: Default pushback truck with FSX:SE **SOLVED**  (Read 3157 times)

PhilA

Default pushback truck with FSX:SE **SOLVED**
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:06:50 pm »
Hello,

I have recently moved to FSX:SE.  I have a clean install on my PC without the boxed edition.  I have been slowly reinstalling my addons.  I have just installed GSX, and started testing.

When I installed GSX, it said it would install the steam edition, and close to the end it stated that the Airport_vehicles had been patched.  Indeed, the file has been updated from the original.

However, when I am parked at an airport gate, for example, Gate A50 at Zurich (FSDT of course), the default pushback truck is parked waiting to push me back.  When I call for GSX services, of course, the default vehicles disappear, except for the pushback truck, and I get the GSX pushback truck as well.  This happens at all airports I have tried.

Have I missed something, or is this a problem with the Steam edition?

Regards,

Phil.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:45:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default pushback truck with FSX:SE
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:22 am »
If you had the message that your default vehicles have been patched with no errors, I can't see how you would still see the default tow truck, unless the file got replaced again the reverted to original (perhaps by the feature on Steam that restores game files ?).

I checked it now, and I cannot see the default tow truck anymore, even with the airport vehicles density slider to the maximum.

PhilA

Re: Default pushback truck with FSX:SE
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:07:49 am »
Hello,

Thank you for looking at this.  I was expecting you to confirm there was not a problem.  I had already considered the possibility of the file being overwritten but my tests showed this was not the case.

In light of your response, I have looked at my set up carefully.  In this I found that I had inadvertently caused the problem.  I had taken a copy of the original file, but the copy was within the FSX file structure.  Therefore, presumably, the copy was loaded as well as the GSX modified version, thereby allowing the default trucks to show.  I have now removed the copy and all is OK.

I am sorry to have bothered you with my mistake.  Thank you for both the quick response and especially for the swift changes to all your products to embrace the Steam edition.

Thank you,

Phil