Author Topic: Airport layout  (Read 2693 times)

MonaroLS

Airport layout
« on: January 13, 2015, 05:39:18 am »
Hello there,

A new user to GSX and very happy, thanks  :)

Just a couple of (hopefully) easily answered Q's.

I have installed ORBX YAYE (Ayres Rock) and am having issues with the baggage loaders and the tug vehicles, but I suspect that this is more a scenery issue than an GSX issue.

When the rear baggage truck has finished, he reverses and parks right next to the taxi line, sort of at No 4 on a clock, behind aircraft, so you run over him when you start to taxi out and the wide tug truck drives thru some parked trailers.

I have noticed that when the small tugs are used they line up with the aircraft and dissappear from view as they go under the aircraft as you would expect. With the bigger tugs (The much wider/lower ones, sorry I dont know thier correct names) the tug pops off the screen before he gets out of the field of view

Is it possible to only use the small tugs? That would stop the last issue and driving thru trailers  happening, or is it an aircraft thing (PMDG NGX 738W)

Its good having different companies/service handlers doing the job, but can just one company be assigned?

I understand that this may be a scenery issue or a PMDG 737 NGX Issue, but was hoping for a work around :-)

Overall very happy with my purchase!

Thanks  Chris
Perth, Western Australia

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport layout
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 01:57:58 pm »
Is it possible to only use the small tugs? That would stop the last issue and driving thru trailers  happening, or is it an aircraft thing (PMDG NGX 738W)

It's both an aircraft and a scenery thing.

If the scenery doesn't specify anything, the choice of the baggage loader is made by the airplane configuration page, which of course is pre-filled with data coming from GSX (in case of an internally supported airplane, like the PMDG), but you can change it. In this case, changing the airplane configuration will affect that airplane at all airports.

If, instead, you noticed the problem happens only at specific airports or specific parking stands, it's best you customize the scenery, using the "Customize airport positions" menu. You can specify the baggage loader to be used there, but this won't affect other airports or other parkings of the same airport.

It's possible you'll also find that you can fix issues with vehicles positioning and movement, by adjusting their starting positions for that parking.

MonaroLS

Re: Airport layout
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:29:42 am »
Thanks so much for your reply. I will have a look at the editor section to see if I can adjust things a bit. Its only an airport I stop by at.

Thanks,

Chris Morgan
Perth, Western Australia