Author Topic: Addon manager update issue  (Read 2226 times)

Rwalsh7

Addon manager update issue
« on: January 10, 2015, 07:04:30 pm »
Hello All,

Again this is a wonderful product. I have noticed that I have the option to run or check for an update. When I do this, it says to download the new addon manager. I have done this multiple times and I still get the same error message saying to download the new addon manager. Do you have any suggestions

Also, what is the average frame drop from GSX. I am getting about 1-2fps and not complaining,but I was wondering if this was normal.

All the best and Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon manager update issue
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 07:35:20 pm »
Again this is a wonderful product. I have noticed that I have the option to run or check for an update. When I do this, it says to download the new addon manager. I have done this multiple times and I still get the same error message saying to download the new addon manager. Do you have any suggestions.

This shouldn't happen. Try to remove this file:

%APPDATA%\Couatladdons.ini

Then reinstall GSX using the current full installer

Also, what is the average frame drop from GSX. I am getting about 1-2fps and not complaining,but I was wondering if this was normal.

There's no fps drop by just installing GSX, since nothing is being done inside FSX if you don't call it.

The fps effect of having GSX vehicles displayed, is similar to having 2-3 more AI airplanes so, how many fps you'll lose, depends a lot on which scenery you run and how many other AI are there, and your settings of course.