Author Topic: Bios Setting Change, Getting Computer Mismatch error, used more activations  (Read 4208 times)

RAY VLASEK

In an attempt to solve "out of memory" windows error using FSdreamteam sceneries and Ifly 747 v2 aircraft I changed a bios setting in my Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard from performance to normal.  After the change I received error messages when starting FSX to re activate all my FSdreamteam sceneries plus GSX.  Again, no major hardware change, just change in bios setting.  I knew about updating Bios see post last year below, and I noted this,  Should this occur?  What if I find the bios back to performance if I find the change did not remedy the out of memory error in windows...Having to de activate and then re activate every time I need to change a bios setting seems extreme. 

Today, after upgrading bios on new build using ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard with i7-4770, when I launched FSX got the "eSellerate error – 25007 machine mismatch" on 4 of my 7 add ons from Fsdreamteam, 

KDFW, KLAS, KJFK and GSX,  the airports, PHNL, Hawaii 1 airports and KLAX did not indicate the "eSellerate error – 25007 machine mismatch",  so now I have 3 activations on 4 of my 7 add ons,  1 when I first installed

on my old computer, another time when I activated on new machine, and now when I upgraded my bios. ...NO Hardware changes at ALL   . is that right???  did not I read only allowed 6 activations of FSDT add

ons,,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Again, no major hardware change, just change in bios setting.  I knew about updating Bios see post last year below, and I noted this,  Should this occur?  What if I find the bios back to performance if I find the change did not remedy the out of memory error in windows...Having to de activate and then re activate every time I need to change a bios setting seems extreme. 

The problem is caused by your BIOS that, for some reason, is behaving as if it was a different machine when changing that setting. As explained already on the forum, we don't do ANY hardware detection, at all. We don't set policies about what hardware can be changed. We don't even KNOW what those policies are, it's a black box for us.

Note that, if enabled AHCI, Windows usually switches to a whole new set of drivers (disk, cpu, etc.), so that might look as a new hardware. Again, I'm only guessing, because no software we wrote ever tries to do hardware detection directly, it's done by the Esellerate library.

There's nothing we can do about it, other than (since your mainboard seems to have this problem) always Deactivating before changing a setting in the BIOS, and there's no limit of the number of Deactivations.

But the main issue is: it was wrong trying to fix "out of memory" error when using a memory-hungry airplane that leaves no room for the scenery. No BIOS setting will overcome the hard limit of addressable space for a 32 bit app. The only things that will save you some memory are:

- Using a less memory-hungry airplane

- Lower your settings, especially the ones related to terrain range

- Don't use HD textures

- Use DX10

Or, a combination of all the above. It's not as if you don't have choices.

RAY VLASEK

Thanks for speedy reply,  I will implement your suggestions of

Using a less memory-hungry airplane

- Lower your settings, especially the ones related to terrain range

- Don't use HD textures

- Use DX10

I will remember to deactivate and then reactivate after bios change or update.  However since I have had instances where the FST sceneries where not deactivated prior to either bios update or bios settings change, then I had errors of machine mismatch and had to reactivate all sceneries, which I have 9 plus GSX , I may run close to the max activations, Will I be protected if I need additional activations.. ..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:29:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I will remember to deactivate and then reactivate after bios change or update.  However since I have had instances where the FST sceneries where not deactivated prior to either bios update or bios settings change, then I had errors of machine mismatch and had to reactivate all sceneries, which I have 9 plus GSX , I may run close to the max activations

If you ALWAYS remember to deactivate BEFORE making a bios change or update, and then reactivate after bios change or update, since Deactivations are UNLIMITED, it's not possible you'll ever run out of activations.

Will I be protected if I need additional activations...

As explained on the FAQ page on our site, if you end up in a situation where BOTH these situations happens:

1) You don't have any activations left

AND

2) Your last activation was obtained LESS than 90 days earlier

You will need to CONTACT US in order to get a manual reactivation, which will obviously granted, unless there have been a clear abuse.

We have users that had 50+ reactivations automatically, and are still using their products with no issues, because system obviously WORKS, and it's able to recognize if an hardware change is "minor", so it won't consume an activation, even if you are required to confirm it.

RAY VLASEK

Appreciate help and advice,  upgraded bios ver just now,  deactivated and re activated with no issues... will remember to do so on any bios or hardware changes.   FYI, the Ifly 747 v2 aircraft seems to be very memory intense will wait until possible patch to improve before utilizing.  Your products are the best quality on the market that I have seen, THANKS.....