Author Topic: fsx stand alone add on manager disappearing  (Read 5147 times)

mofasho

fsx stand alone add on manager disappearing
« on: January 19, 2015, 05:13:23 am »
Hello, I purchased IAH and LAS in the last few months and overall i am very happy with the products. 2 issues tho: At IAH the jetways sometimes disappear when i am in spot plane view and the second issue is I have to download the stand alone add on manager from this website and install it almost every week because it keeps getting removed from FSX and IAH and LAS buildings dont appear. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this or if anyone knows what may be going on?

Thanks

mofasho

Re: fsx stand alone add on manager disappearing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:48:35 pm »
Thanks for the wonderful support. My add on manager continues to disappear from FSX and your scenery continues to be deactivated because of it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 11:36:58 am »
The jetway disappearing at certain viewing angles, are not a bug, happens with every scenery ( even default ones ), it's an internal FSX optimization, that removes objects that it considers to be off-screen:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7815.msg64530.html#msg64530

The Addon Manager surely doesn't require to be reinstalled "every week".  If it "disappears" from the menu, perhaps your antivirus is blocking it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the scenery you just removed.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

mofasho

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:22:30 am »
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I just ran a short flight from MSY to IAH and when i approached KIAH it did not load (no buildings or lights) even tho both the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" are under the "Addons" menu.  Do you think this is related to the same issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »
tho both the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" are under the "Addons" menu.  Do you think this is related to the same issue?

If both menus are there, it's nothing related to this issue. It's not normal, nor anybody has reported it before, that you would have both menus, but no scenery loading when you approach an FSDT airport.