Author Topic: GSX kjfk V2  (Read 4071 times)

supercoup93

GSX kjfk V2
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:57:06 am »
Hello:
I found a slight problem with the Jetway in GSX at KJFK DreamTeams V2 addon. When I go to view the baggage loading or food service process etc. in spot view with the jetway attached, it seems to detach from the plane when I move the viewing angle using the hat switch on my yoke rotating the view. This seems to happen only for about 180 degrees of movement then it goes back and attaches itself. When this happens I also loose the other graphics attached to the jetway like the ladder, top railing and so on. This only happens with the KJFK V2 airport. I landed at KBWI (Baltimore Washington Int.) which is not an upgraded airport, just an FSX airport and it doesn't happen. Not a very big deal but any Ideas? :-\

streichholz

Re: GSX kjfk V2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 09:35:50 am »
It has something to do with your screen-resolution.

Check if you have the highest resolution set in FSX.

I can reproduce the "problem" with Houston and nearly every FlightBeam airport. Mir mentioned it once.

supercoup93

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 06:02:02 pm »
Hi:
Thanks for responding. I thought that too. I went over all the resolution settings even went into the graphics card, EVGA 760 and all are good. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen at any of the Microsoft FSX airports that I haven't upgraded. KBWI is just fine. I have the Dreamteam KFLL (FORT LAUDERDALE) ADDON. Im going there to see if it happens there as well.

PS: Who is MIR?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »
Do you have your zoom level very wide and the screen resolution not so high ? That might be a problem of LOD optimization, which is dependent on both. Try to zoom in a bit and see if it goes away.

supercoup93

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 03:27:24 am »
Hello:
Thanks for your response. I did try that. I have zoomed in and out. I do notice that when I zoom out too far, some vehicles disappear from the front of the airplane but that I can understand but this detachment of the jetway takes place at close zoom and again only at KJFK V2, not at any other non upgraded Microsoft FSX plain airport. I am running a simulator with 6 monitors, 3 of which are processed through a Matrox triple head 2go which I use for my windshield view, the other monitors are instrumentation and GPS. I know its seems crazy but when in spot view and setting the view with the pan button on my yoke to the side of the airplane that the jetway is on it's fine, as soon as I rotate to the other side of the airplane to watch the baggage handlers or food carts, the jetway snaps back to its undocked position and the exit door is open. Swing around again and it goes back. It's not a very big deal, just one that boggles the mind.

Joe Butera

supercoup93

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 03:54:49 am »
I'm back and boy is my face red. Sorry, I did not have the zoom maximized enough. You were 100% right. I guess that's why you guys get the big bucks. It works as it should. Let me add, this has to be the best program I have ever purchased and added to FSX and I run 13 additional programs simultaneously without any conflict. I just cant stop enjoying it. For me, from the start, it has performed flawlessly along side all the other programs I run and the support is the greatest. GSX is what makes FSX as real as it gets. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Joe Butera

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 09:40:07 pm »
Thanks for your comment, and I happy you fixed it!