Author Topic: Update issue  (Read 3802 times)

jandubai

Update issue
« on: December 12, 2014, 07:42:38 pm »
Hi all,

trying to fix some issue after installing the latest update of GSX, running up and down the forum but can't find a solution  ???. After installing the latest update, I am getting the message "GSX out-dated - please install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager." I did a full install with the downloaded 'Full installer' from the website.

I did even the suggestion in post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899 but even this doesn't fix it somehow.

I did a run of the GSX updater but nothing changed. At the moment I am out of any other idea...

My Stand-Alone Addon Manager version is 2.9.0.24, it appears in the drop down of my FSX and inside GSX shows as "Product ACTIVE" but not coming up in the drop-down itself.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Jan

jandubai

Re: Update issue
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:40:38 am »
Hello again,

I tried anything possible to get GSX running without any success. I created a log file to see what's reported. Here the content:

"couatl v2.0 (build 2374)
log started on Sat Dec 27 13:30:56 2014

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addons
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
bglmanx list contains 22 AddOn(s)
Loading addon ENBR
Addon ENBR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon OHareX
Addon OHareX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDFW
Addon KDFW not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon LSGG
Addon LSGG not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon GSX
Import error loading addon GSX: one or more files may be outdated or corrupted
Addon GSX has decryption errors (magic number mismatch)

Loading addon HAWAII1
Addon HAWAII1 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII2
Addon HAWAII2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL
Addon PHNL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK
Addon JFK not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK2
Addon JFK2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KFLL
Addon KFLL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KIAH
Addon KIAH not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAS
Addon KLAS not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAX
Addon KLAX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Addon ParkMe has been disabled by .ini file
Loading addon CYVR
Addon CYVR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon XPOI
Addon XPOI not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ZurichX
Addon ZurichX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KSFO
Addon KSFO not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KPHX
Addon KPHX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KIAD
Addon KIAD not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDEN
Addon KDEN not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Starting system monitors"

There is this error about "outdated or currupted". Does anyone had the same issue before? I did even uninstall GSX and the Addon Manager. I de-activated my license and installed GSX without activating it in "TRIAL" mode. But as soon as I load FSX the popup from last post is coming up and on clicking OK it sends me to the website to downlaod the Addon Manage. My latest version is 2.9.0.25.

My last idea is only to get a new disk with a fresh install of everything. But I think this can't be the solution...?

Cheers,
Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 09:16:35 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with activation. As explained many times on the forum, whenever you lose your activation for any reason, the progral will not "malfunction", it will revert into Trial mode.

That error message seems to indicate some files from an older version of GSX has been copied into the current version after the installation OR some files from the Addon Manager (bgmanx*) from an old version has been manually copied after the installation. It cannot happen with a standard installation.

If you Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine?", and verify that no fsdreamteam\Couatl folder and no bglmanx* files are present in the FSX folder anymore, then reinstall without touching or adding anything, the error simply cannot happen.

jandubai

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 04:14:14 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I know that the activation has nothing to do with it. I just tried anything possible.

I did today a full uninstall, all folders, all registry entries so the system is "clean". Checked that no files are left anywhere.

I downloaded the full installer from the website, switched off all anti virus (just in case) and installed GSX as "administrator". What should I say... I am getting exactly the same message. The log file shows exactly the same as posted before.

To be honest...I have no clue at all anymore. I think I will try to get rid of all and make a clean install of FSX and see if that solves it. Makes somehow no sense to me as I did nothing else than the update....

Thanks.
Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 04:25:35 pm »
I downloaded the full installer from the website, switched off all anti virus (just in case) and installed GSX as "administrator". What should I say... I am getting exactly the same message. The log file shows exactly the same as posted before.

I'm sorry, but that's basically impossible, and it's the first time ever someone reported this specific message, which can only happen with mismatched versions, which are not possible to get by just installing (the installer downloads all the related files in a single .ZIP file, you just can't get a "right" and a "wrong" together file in the same installation)

If you want to start a Teamviewer session, I can have a look at your system. Contact me with a PM to arrange it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:38:48 pm »
We had the problem fixed with a Teamviewer session, it was a very strange case of getting an outdated file, possibly caused by something related to internet settings and/or internet caches, because sending the same file with Teamviewer worked normally.

jandubai

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 05:06:45 am »
Thanks Umberto,

now it works perfectly!

Issue solved :)