Author Topic: GSX influences As A320 flight characteristics  (Read 2379 times)

flugmatz

GSX influences As A320 flight characteristics
« on: January 03, 2015, 06:08:45 pm »
Hi,
this is very bad news: After two horrible trips with A320 (AS) with extensive rolls (like turbulences) I found out that GSX causes the problem. After de-installing GSX my bus behaives the normal way. The phenomenon appears at around FL 180...200 and remains under all conditions (weather off, turbulences impact off, clear skys etc.).
Since I am no professional in programming I have not the slightest idea how an add-on like GSX could influence a plane. However it is the truth and I would not post if I am uncertain about my experience.
Any comment welcome. Solution more than welcome...
Best
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX influences As A320 flight characteristics
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 08:04:16 pm »
I found out that GSX causes the problem. After de-installing GSX my bus behaives the normal way. The phenomenon appears at around FL 180...200 and remains under all conditions (weather off, turbulences impact off, clear skys etc.).

The problem is not certainly caused by GSX, which doesn't do anything to your airplane. The only time when GSX changes the status of your airplane, is while pushing back, but of course as soon as the pushback stops, GSX stops acting on your airplane.

In addition to that, GSX is not active at all if you are flying, so it's can't possibly be the cause for this issue.

The only thing GSX does, while you are flying, is READING (NOT writing, of course) the position of the airplane with a fairly low priority task, and checks if you landed on an airport.

This is made using 100% standard Simconnect methods, it's only a *read*, so it doesn't change the state of the airplane, and there are plenty of other 3rd party products out there that reads the position of the airplane constantly, so this cannot be be the cause of something like that.

And of course, nobody else reported this before, and I'm sure there are many Aerosoft Airbus users out there, so if this really happened, we would have had many reports by now.

So no, this can't possibly caused by GSX, and if you really observed it went away by uninstalling it, it was just coincidental.

One thing to try:

- Reinstall GSX

- Remove the FSX\fsdreamteam\GSX folder

This will entirely disable GSX, but will leave the rest of the FSDT software modules running. Perhaps, the issue is caused by something else in our modules ( even if nobody reported this, it doesn't hurt checking it ), and not GSX.

flugmatz

Re: GSX influences As A320 flight characteristics
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:51:06 pm »
well- I expected your reply and your arguments respectively. It is a strange phenomenon, but there is no other add-on or major change in my configuration since I have installed GSX. I will of course check it out and report. Txs for your hints anyway...