Author Topic: PMDG 737 Engine 1 Start and Pushback  (Read 2765 times)

The Dispatcher

PMDG 737 Engine 1 Start and Pushback
« on: December 29, 2014, 12:02:25 am »
Hi Umberto,

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

I'm a little unclear on an aspect of the pushback support for ground services as they relate to the PMDG 737NG and the 777. One of the aircraft I'm flying has, through service based failures, an inoperative APU and I have no choice but to do an air start with the cart prior to pushback. In this case, Engine 1 is started and running, all ground power/air/starter carts are disconnect but the GSX menu is now unavailable. I've also tried to trick GSX by calling for pushback (and getting the tug in position) prior to engine-start, but this results in nothing happening once I do get Engine 1 started - the ground men stand around like a bunch of city workers!  ;)

I've read in the manual that GSX does support engine-start prior to pushback for certain aircraft, like the FS Labs Concorde. So I'm unclear whether or not GSX, at present in 1.9, does in fact support pushback with an engine running with the PMDG 737. If not currently setup to support this, can a future update be made to allow this with Engine 1 running on the 737, and Engine 2 running for the 777?

Thanks very much and all the best!
Andrew

The Dispatcher

Re: PMDG 737 Engine 1 Start and Pushback
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:04:27 am »
Hi again, any comment on the above?

Thanks,
Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 737 Engine 1 Start and Pushback
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 07:36:54 am »
GSX doesn't support this procedure, but we might add it in the future, because it has been asked other times.