Author Topic: problem with Addon Manager  (Read 18005 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problem with Addon Manager
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 04:09:08 pm »
about 2 minutes FSX froze, just after the beep sound you hear after boarding is complete.

Does the sound seemed to hang up ? Because, as I've said, GSX by itself CANNOT "froze FSX", since it's running entirely external to it so, the worse it can happen if GSX crashed or Couatl.exe crashed, is that you'll lose the Couatl menu and GSX won't work anymore, but that's it.

What CAN cause a crash, instead, might be a problem with your audio drivers, that's why now that you are mentioning sounds, I asked if it seemed the sound had problems, like not having being played entirely or being stuck, etc.

ASE was inactive all the time.

Inactive is not the same as disabled. Have you removed its .DLL module or you simply are letting it idling ?

Do you still have the crash you initially reported about FSX crashing "as soon weather is injected", like you reported before ?

ìI am of course thankful for your offer of remote assistance, but I have concerns about letting a stranger have access to my system. I will think about it and let you know.

That doesn't make any sense, you are not granting any permanent access to anyone: teamviewer is a program designed for remote assistance, the connection is possible only if YOU start the program, and nobody can connect anymore if the program is not running. On top of that, the session password is randomly generated for each new session so, even if you forget to quit from teamviewer, the password used for the previous connection won't work anymore.

BavarianAir

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »
Does the sound seemed to hang up ? Because, as I've said, GSX by itself CANNOT "froze FSX", since it's running entirely external to it so, the worse it can happen if GSX crashed or Couatl.exe crashed, is that you'll lose the Couatl menu and GSX won't work anymore, but that's it.

What CAN cause a crash, instead, might be a problem with your audio drivers, that's why now that you are mentioning sounds, I asked if it seemed the sound had problems, like not having being played entirely or being stuck, etc.

FSX didn't accept any commands, there were no movements anymore. The sound of the departing baggage truck was still to hear. About 20 or 30 seconds later, FSX crashed to desktop.

Inactive is not the same as disabled. Have you removed its .DLL module or you simply are letting it idling ?

Do you still have the crash you initially reported about FSX crashing "as soon weather is injected", like you reported before ?

ASE needs to be launched first to do anything. That was not the case during the last trials I made. But I haven't removed anything.

coairlps

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 09:21:01 pm »
I have done all of the above and even removed all MS Visual C+++ and reinstalled them. Even the removal of the standalone and FSX and I still get the error. Can you remote me and see what is going on??? Paid good money for this program and can't even use it??

Thanks... ???

Hnla

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 07:12:00 am »
I have done all of the above and even removed all MS Visual C+++ and reinstalled them. Even the removal of the standalone and FSX and I still get the error. Can you remote me and see what is going on??? Paid good money for this program and can't even use it??

Thanks... ???

Can you be a little more specific with your problem? What "error" are you describing? Is FSX quitting to desktop?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 06:33:54 pm »

You mean that when ACTIVE SKY is injecting weather, FSX freezes ?  If yes, I hope THAT's the program you "paid good money for" you are referring to. And of course, since GSX is sold in Trial version, you have been given plenty of chances to verify with YOUR system and YOUR combination of other add-ons BEFORE purchasing it. That's the whole point of having a Trial version.

But yes, I would like to have a look at your system, PM me to arrange it.