Author Topic: FSX STEAM - I CANT GET IT TO INSTALL  (Read 7679 times)

ozzydeg

FSX STEAM - I CANT GET IT TO INSTALL
« on: December 30, 2014, 10:41:47 pm »
I have a windows 8.1 machine and just moved from fsx to fsx steam! i cant install GSX since i am getting an error cant patch vehicles and also when i launch fsx CTD bglmax error please help i am frustrated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX STEAM - I CANT GET IT TO INSTALL
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:14:08 pm »
I have a windows 8.1 machine and just moved from fsx to fsx steam!

What do you mean with "moved" ? You, as an user, or you moved files around ?

i cant install GSX since i am getting an error cant patch vehicles

Do you use the CURRENT GSX installer, which is the only one that supports Steam ?

ozzydeg

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:21:54 pm »
i uninstalled Microsoft FSX and installed the new one from steam!  i downloaded the standalone installer from your site, i install the product, when i am installing gsx i get the error :- ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now! i press ok then the installation says Python support file ....... was not installed.  after that i launch fsx and get a message the couatl scripting engine for fsx has detected that the file(s) steamlibrary\steamapps\common\fsx\fsdreamteam\couatl\python25 are missing or have been moved after that i get another error FSX has detected a problem file bglmanx.dll do you want to run this software. then CTD if i select yes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 02:11:06 pm »
i downloaded the standalone installer from your site

If you mean  the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, that's not obviously the way to install GSX into FSX Steam Edition. You must download and install the FULL GSX Installer, NOT the the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer.

i install the product, when i am installing gsx i get the error :- ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!

This doesn't happen with the current installer. It only happens if you try to run an older GSX installer that supports only FSX on the FSX Steam Edition.

i press ok then the installation says Python support file ....... was not installed.  after that i launch fsx and get a message the couatl scripting engine for fsx has detected that the file(s) steamlibrary\steamapps\common\fsx\fsdreamteam\couatl\python25 are missing or have been moved

That seems like an antivirus bug, which has mistakenly removed files when installing.

after that i get another error FSX has detected a problem file bglmanx.dll do you want to run this software. then CTD if i select yes

If the antivirus is interfering, anything can happen and surely nothing will ever work.

- DOWNLOAD and Install the Full GSX Installer with the antivirus DISABLED

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

steamapps\common\fsx\bglmanx.dll
steamapps\common\fsx\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

ozzydeg

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 04:01:54 pm »
i dont have any antivirus installed what so ever i use windows 8 and i dont need any antivirus!!

ozzydeg

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 04:27:38 pm »
i uninstalled gsx million time and istalled steam gsx with the same bglmanx.dll error the product is not installing 100% please can you teamviewer and help me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 04:51:06 pm »
i dont have any antivirus installed what so ever i use windows 8 and i dont need any antivirus!!

That's obviously wrong, and since Windows 8 COMES with an antivirus, it doesn't mean you don't have one or don't need one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »
i uninstalled gsx million time and istalled steam gsx with the same bglmanx.dll error the product is not installing 100% please can you teamviewer and help me.

I haven't said anything about uninstalling and reinstalling. I said to be sure you have your antivirus off, and to be sure you use the CURRENT GSX Full installer, which support the FSX Steam version.

Also, try to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX AFTER you install GSX.

ozzydeg

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 05:04:24 pm »
getting the error vehicle could not be patched again can you team viewer into my pc please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 05:35:57 pm »
getting the error vehicle could not be patched again can you team viewer into my pc please

That error is NOT an error that prevents GSX from working. The error means it file couldn't be patched, because the file has been modified from default. Since the FSX:SE and FSX versions of the file are different, you need the latest installer to recognize both of them and yes, we had a problem with the very first version of the Steam-compatible installer, but the current one is fine.

In any case, just contact me in private to arrange a TM session, but you must do it now, otherwise it will be tomorrow.

ozzydeg

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 05:39:03 pm »
Where can i contact you on private

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 05:48:22 pm »
Where can i contact you on private.

The small icon under my avatar, which says "Send Personal Message" if you hover the mouse on it.