Author Topic: Pushback doesn't work even though all other services complete P3D  (Read 17561 times)

acra24

Hello,

I have an odd problem with GSX.  I recently completely reinstalled P3D v2.4 and various add-ons after a corruption of some files unrelated to GSX (I have most of your FSDT airports). Ever since then if I use the GSX services they all complete normally until I get to the pushback.  If I request pushback nothing happens, the tug is present but it doesn't move.  The GSX menu states that pushback is in progress but it doesn't happen. I get around it by resetting GSX and then requesting pushback which then happens normally.  I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest GSX installer with AV turned off but it still isn't working. Before my P3D reinstall it had been working normally. It happens at all airports, stock and 3rd party and I haven't a clue what might be wrong so can you advise me please?

Thanks

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback doesn't work even though all other services complete P3D
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:34:10 pm »
To be sure, reinstall using the current GSX full installer, not an existing installer you might have.

acra24

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 01:00:55 pm »
Hi.  

I've noticed that the latest version is 1.9.0.5 and my version is 1.9.0.3 so I will try that and report back.

Andrew
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:07:22 pm by acra24 »

acra24

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:58:50 pm »
Hi again,

I have reinstalled with the latest installer 1.9.0.5 and it still isn't giving me pushback.  I tried a flight starting at Montreal yesterday and I went through all the services normally and then when I pressed the pushback button I was given the option to get the de-ice service, which I requested.  The de-ice worked correctly and the de-icers sprayed my wings, finished then drove off. After that nothing else happened, the tug just stayed put and I didn't get any messages about pushback direction. After I reset, the tug changed to a smaller tug and then pushback proceeded normally. As I said above, it seems to happen at all airports, stock and 3rd party. 

I think my issue is similar to this post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11238.0.html

Thanks

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:04:11 pm »
After I reset, the tug changed to a smaller tug and then pushback proceeded normally. As I said above, it seems to happen at all airports, stock and 3rd party.

I think my issue is similar to this post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11238.0.html

That thread referred to the user having customized the pushback preference, and in that case it's best to Restart Couatl before using the customized airport. If you haven't done so, then your issue doesn't have anything to do with the one reported in that thread.

Try a full uninstall, replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine ?" and reinstall using only the current full installer.

acra24

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 02:13:46 pm »
Ok, I will try that.

acra24

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 01:21:10 pm »
Hi again

I'm sorry, that didn't work ???.  I completely uninstalled and did as you advised about uninstalling COUATL. Then I reinstalled using the latest GSX.exe but it still isn't giving me a pushback.  I was parked at Montreal and I noticed that the first tug waiting was a large Air Canada tractor, which is the correct livery. When I requested pushback the menu disappeared and nothing happened. I had to restart COUATL and then a smaller tug of the same livery appeared and pushback proceeded normally. 

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 08:19:00 pm »
When I requested pushback the menu disappeared and nothing happened. I had to restart COUATL and then a smaller tug of the same livery appeared and pushback proceeded normally. 

Try to enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the "GSX Settings" page. If it happens again, exit from FSX and check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder for a Couatl.LOG and a Couatl.ERR files. Post them both.

acra24

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 10:03:47 pm »
Ok. Will do.

acra24

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 01:19:08 pm »
Hi
Here's a log from today's flight.
Thanks
Andrew

I'm not able to post the err file, I get a message that it's not allowed. Should I save it in another format?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 01:20:55 pm »
I'm not able to post the err file, I get a message that it's not allowed. Should I save it in another format?

Yes, ZIP both files together.

acra24

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 01:24:21 pm »
Hi Umberto

Here they are.

Andrew

Amazed at the speed of your help... :o

acra24

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 08:55:13 pm »
Hi again

Any update on this? It's still happening on every flight.

Thanks

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 09:14:20 pm »
I can't see anything wrong with your Log file, and the error file contains only old errors. I would like to try a Teamviewer session to help you directly. Contact me with a PM to arrange that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 06:36:56 pm »
We had the problem fixed with a remote session.