Author Topic: Switch off parking accuracy notes  (Read 2500 times)

flugmatz

Switch off parking accuracy notes
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:12:25 pm »
Hi,
I want to switch off all parking accuracy notes. The system forgives not the slightest deviation from its pre-defined coordinates (sometimes they differ from visual yellow guidelines) and coughs out teaching messages that are nit-picking and more or less a pain in the neck. So- is there a way to switch it off completely (in particular the notifications in the message bar) and concentrate on the gestures of the marshaller?
Frankly I won't pay the marshaller for hand out good (it never happens by the way, something like "excellent!") or bad marks...
Best wishes
Matthias
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:14:31 pm by flugmatz »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Switch off parking accuracy notes
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:45:01 pm »
The system forgives not the slightest deviation from its pre-defined coordinates (sometimes they differ from visual yellow guidelines)

That's why there's a distance readout to begin with. If the scenery visuals and the AFCAD are not in precise agreement (GSX obviously reads the AFCAD), the distance readout will help.

concentrate on the gestures of the marshaller?

Since the message evaluation comes only AFTER you stop the plane, it's not possible you would lose your concentration when parking because of it, unless your are suffering from a "performance anxiety", knowing that you will be evaluated.

With the latest update, it's possible to turn off the marshaller distance readout, not the final evaluation. Can't you just ignore it ?

flugmatz

Re: Switch off parking accuracy notes
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:49:01 pm »
well- I know how to get rid of the distance redout. Its about the text of that bloody note. Just change it into "Close enough, Sir"...
Best wishes
Matthias