General Category > General Discussion

FSDT Airports with FSX Steam Edition

<< < (8/10) > >>

pluff:
I have both FSX and FSX steam installed. I downloaded the latest fsdt installers and successfully installed the Hawaii airports into FSX steam. A week later when I try to install the rest of my fsdt airports I do not get the option to install to steam, only to FSX. I guess something may have happened after the last steam update or something has changed in the registry. Is there anything I can try to get the fsdt installer to give back the option to install to steam? I tried with all of my fsdt airports and none are now giving the FSX steam install option.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: pluff on February 25, 2015, 02:33:08 am ---I guess something may have happened after the last steam update or something has changed in the registry.
--- End quote ---

Something has changed in your registry, because there hasn't been any updates on Steam after the one published January 12th.

--- Quote ---Is there anything I can try to get the fsdt installer to give back the option to install to steam?
--- End quote ---

Fixing your registry, of course. You must check your FSX registry keys to be pointing to the correct folders, they are located at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0 (if FSX:SE is installed together with FSX)

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 ( if FSX:SE is installed stand-alone )

pluff:
Thank you for your fast response. I discovered that the Setpath for FSX Steam was missing. I imported back my last
regedit backup file, rebooted the computer and presto the Setpath to FSX Steam returned and the FSDT installer now offers the FSX Steam option again and I was able to install KLAX into Steam no problem.

Thanks again.

simsuper80:
my dll and exe error appear to have returned and the buildings do not appear. (i have done nothing that i can remember)

virtuali:

--- Quote from: simsuper80 on February 26, 2015, 03:23:45 am ---my dll and exe error appear to have returned and the buildings do not appear. (i have done nothing that i can remember)
--- End quote ---

See the above reply. It's a problem of your registry keys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version