General Category > General Discussion

FSDT Airports with FSX Steam Edition

<< < (7/10) > >>

virtuali:

--- Quote from: deejaybox on January 19, 2015, 02:42:51 pm ---after the last FSX SE update (on 12/01/15 ) addon manager is not working .
--- End quote ---

This was already discussed, answered and solved in a thread in this same forum section, the same day the FSX:SE update was released:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11389.msg87795.html#msg87795

simsuper80:
everytime i try to install the addon manager in steam, i get an error on line 0 position 0

system cannot find the path specified

virtuali:

--- Quote from: simsuper80 on February 19, 2015, 11:57:13 am ---everytime i try to install the addon manager in steam, i get an error on line 0 position 0

system cannot find the path specified
--- End quote ---

That's not a problem if the Addon Manager or the installer. That message indicates there's an error in your DLL.XML or EXE.XML file, so the installer will not proceed, because if it tried to change an already corrupted file, it would corrupt it even more and nothing would work anyway.

You should check your XML files for errors, if you cannot fix them, post them here. Their location changes depending if you installed Steam stand-alone, or alongside an existing FSX installation.

simsuper80:
i only have the steam version of fsx installed. i have posted my exe and dll files.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: simsuper80 on February 20, 2015, 01:32:03 am ---i only have the steam version of fsx installed. i have posted my exe and dll files.
--- End quote ---

The error is in your DLL.XML, which looks to be hand-edited. You put these lines:

</SimBase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>as_connect</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

After the closing tag </Simbase.Document>, which is of course illegal.

You should move all these lines up, so the last lines will look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>as_connect</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version