Author Topic: Starting GSX with one click  (Read 2972 times)

flugmatz

Starting GSX with one click
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:07:50 pm »
Hi,
just about to compare GSX and AES- GSX is my favorite service for many reasons. Looks better, always available, the only thing is the push sounds. They sound a bit too much yankeeish. But this  a matter of taste of course. No problem to change it into AS A320 push sounds.
Now my question: I want to see some service vehicles prior to any request of services. It's possible, but only by using sort of by-pass: I use the "customize position" option with changing nothing- then the tow truck and baggage lorry is showing up. Is there a more elegant way to have this? Sort of one click solution? Otherwise I suggest to add another option to the opening menu: "Start service here" or so.
Best wishes
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Starting GSX with one click
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »
I want to see some service vehicles prior to any request of services.

On landing, it's enough to select the parking as soon as you landed, and so all vehicles will be there when you arrive, but no service will start.

On departure, I can't see what benefit you would gain by having the parking prepared without starting any services, since you are normally supposed to *start* a service, when you start at a gate.

The reason why we don't prepare a parking automatically, just by starting there, was made to make it EASIER to use it together with AES, so users having both products would have an easier time deciding which one to use on each session, and we expected AES to be modified to do the same (right now, it does what you suggest, automatically).

Since this hasn't happened in more than 2 years, maybe we might add an option to have the parking automatically populated when starting a flight there.

flugmatz

Re: Starting GSX with one click
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »
Without teaching too much- me in your shoes wouldn't mind too much about AES. It's marketing concept is too different (IMHO a bit tricky) and the value for money is in doubt given all the comments about "lost credits". And we shouldn't forget: It's a game. So the question "What for is it good" when it comes to one or another feature is useless. Sometimes the gamer want's simply some eyecandy- do him the favour. When he asks for a barebrested stewardess appearing on top of the gangway- code it. You may name it GSX- Adult Edition.
Merry Xmas