Author Topic: standalone  (Read 5147 times)

Captramzi

standalone
« on: December 17, 2014, 10:52:52 am »
hello, I really need some help
I just installed standalone add-on manager and I no longer have the gsx in fsx, it's the 3rd time I try to install standalone and same thing happens
please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: standalone
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:07:42 am »
It's possible you have one version of the VC++ 2005 runtime libraries missing/corrupted on your system. There might be many of them installed at the same time, and this is absolutely normal.

The Stand-Alone Addon Manager uses a slightly different version compared to the one used by the full installer BECAUSE some users have the opposite problem, and the one required by the Full installer is missing/corrupted on their own system, so they must use the one included with Stand-Alone Addon Manager instead.

On a system without any problems to the VC++ 2005 runtime libraries, it shouldn't make any difference, because both should work normally.

If you use the GSX Full installer, and that one is working instead, this confirms you are having this kind of problem: the version of the library required by Stand-Alone is missing/corrupted on your system, so you must always use the Full installer instead, at least until you fix the problem, or reinstall Windows...

aceridgey

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:47:03 am »

I too am having this issue.

Addon manager nor GSX is running in the sim

Captramzi

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 11:51:28 am »
so how do I fix it ? I always read updates for gsx and they are great but I can't get advantage of these updates because of this problem  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 12:02:20 pm »
so how do I fix it ? I always read updates for gsx and they are great but I can't get advantage of these updates because of this problem  :(

As I've said in my previous message, you use the GSX Full installer instead of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. It's always kept updated with all the latest updates, because as soon as we release any update, the full installer is updated too.

Captramzi

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »
so I have to re-install gsx all over again ?

aceridgey

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 02:09:49 pm »

Reinstalling GSX fixxed it for me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »
so I have to re-install gsx all over again ?

As I've said in my previous message:

you must always use the Full installer instead, at least until you fix the problem, or reinstall Windows...

So, it's your choice:

- Either always use the Full GSX installer in place of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, which has the ONLY consequence of being a 90MB installer instead of a 17MB installer and this of course needed ONLY when there's MAJOR update (one that requires the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer )

OR

- Try to fix your problem with the missing/corrupted VC++ 2005 library, which is surely WAY more complex.

I'll repeat it again: the ONLY difference is the full installer is larger to download, but other than that, it's the SAME EFFORT as using the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, no difference whatsoever, you still have to exit from FSX, download and install something, the only difference is the download size.

And again, this is required ONLY after a Major Update.

Captramzi

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:01 pm »
ok I'm installing gsx using full installer just one thing can you remind me where I can find the reg key ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 03:49:46 pm »
ok I'm installing gsx using full installer just one thing can you remind me where I can find the reg key ?

Your Home folder.

And, you don't need to reactivate anything to just reinstall GSX, the only time you need a reactivation, is if you change hardware or reinstall Windows.

And, you you don't even need the .REG file to begin with, the one and only reason for it, is to save you from *manually* typing your serial number during a reactivation (which is not needed when just uninstalling/reinstalling), but the software doesn't use it, it's just a shortcut to save time and not have to type the serial manually.