Author Topic: Addon manager problem **SOLVED**  (Read 4017 times)

rikef16

Addon manager problem **SOLVED**
« on: December 18, 2014, 11:35:09 pm »
Hello,

I'm having Fsx crashes at start up without any error.  I can install and use all fsdt and flightbeam airports until Kden,  I install them offline so they use the included files and works perfectly fine. After KDEN all files included in the package makes my Fsx crash. Was there any significant changes to the add on manager after KDEN release? That way I can pinpoint the module that is conflicting.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:33:28 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon manager problem
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:56:02 pm »
This has been discussed so many times already. This is the ONE and ONLY solution to it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

The problem is NOT caused by the the Addon Manager, it's caused by something ELSE, and if you follow the above thread and do the one and only thing that works discussed there, I will show you what REALLY caused it.

rikef16

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:11:00 am »
I know it has been discussed to exhaustion, as also I've been searching for so long and only asking now because I haven't been successful on finding the answer and also I'm not comfortable having someone I don't know watch my computer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:15 am »
I haven't been successful on finding the answer and also I'm not comfortable having someone I don't know watch my computer.

Once you'll connect, you'll understand why THIS problem must be dealt with in private. If that's a problem for you, then I'm sorry, there are no other solutions.

rikef16

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 12:46:12 am »
I understand the need to be dealt privately but as I said I don't feel comfortable doing it. Thanks for the help anyway

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 02:33:44 am »
I understand the need to be dealt privately

Are you sure ? Then why you said "I can pinpoint the module that is conflicting". There's no conflict anywhere, and the module is performing correctly, no use wasting time chasing ghosts, when I could fix it in 1 minute, same for all the others that DID connect.

rikef16

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:39 am »
Thank you for your help Umberto!