Author Topic: ConcordeX De-icing  (Read 2463 times)

crauds

ConcordeX De-icing
« on: December 16, 2014, 07:30:20 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I have tried several attempts to accommodate the odd wind shape of the Concorde but to no avail.  It seems the de-icing trucks would have to be alongside the wings or in front in order for the spray to hit the front of the wings.  The way it was default set with v1.9 actually was spraying behind the wing and to the rear edge only.  I tried pulling the left position forward but that put the bucket coming up through the wing and if I move everything more to the right (using right wing setup) it sprays to the right of the wing.   Any suggestions?

Also, when adjusting point one forward to correct position, trucks correctly start behind the wings but the spray does not reach past the middle of the wing and it does not reach point 1 as it should according to the manual.   Moving Point 2 or point 1 further forward causes trucks to park beneath the wings and buckets rise through the rear of the elevons.

I am including a few images to illustrate what I am finding.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:29:28 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ConcordeX De-icing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:56 pm »
I have tried several attempts to accommodate the odd wind shape of the Concorde but to no avail.

What you are trying to do simply can't be done with how the de-icers are made, then will never be able to stretch so far, and they will not move in different starting positions to accomodate any wing shape. This won't be changed.

You must put deicers in/out points in a more or less straight line towards the back of the wing, near the engines.