Author Topic: Flashing taxiway lights P3D2.4  (Read 4040 times)

leec

Flashing taxiway lights P3D2.4
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:43:54 pm »
Hi, i've recently purchased this product and noticed that the green lights on taxiways constantly flash on and off when HDR is enabled.  Disabling HDR fixes it but then you lose the nice lighting and bloom effects.  Please confirm if there is a fix for this? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flashing taxiway lights P3D2.4
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:00:33 pm »
That how the bloom effect looks like in P3D, we don't have much control over it, except that we might turn it off on the affected objects.

Which will result you'll "lose the nice lighting and bloom effects", exactly as if you turned off HDR, even with HDR on, so you wouldn't even have a choice.

leec

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:05:41 pm »
Thanks for the reply, if this is how Prepar3D does the bloom effects then why don't the taxiway lights flash this way at other airports? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 01:12:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply, if this is how Prepar3D does the bloom effects then why don't the taxiway lights flash this way at other airports?  

Because default taxiway lights use default special effects, which use different shaders. KLAX use totally custom runway lights, so they are not a special effect, but a scenery object like any other one, that can either react to bloom or not.

"Flashing" it's a bit of an exaggeration: there's a slight blinking, which I think has been made intentionally by LM. As I've said, you are free to experience the effect by turning off bloom in the scenery objects: just disable HDR, and that's how they would look like if we turned off bloom. But as I've said, those who actually like the "nice lighting and bloom effects" couldn't get it back even if they wanted to, if we "fixed" it this way.