Author Topic: Regenerating cache P3d V2.4  (Read 6503 times)

Martyjr

Regenerating cache P3d V2.4
« on: December 02, 2014, 10:01:18 pm »
I see this after searching ... I am new to GSX

"That's exactly the problem. The GSX scenery cache location is shared between FSX and P3D so, each time you switch from one to the other, GSX will recreate it. We'll probably might have to have two separate caches, even if this means taking more hdd space, but in the meantime there's nothing you can do."

Yep, that is my problem.

I would be nice to have two separate caches ....
P3D being new  I spend time on both FSX and P3D daily .. and there the "regenerating waits" long waits.
Oddly, I only see the regenerating cache message in P3D ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Regenerating cache P3d V2.4
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »
We added separate cache locations for FSX and P3D in the current update. It can be obtained by reinstalling either GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Martyjr

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 03:36:56 pm »
This regen was over 6 min today ...
I had done one test with X-plane then I loaded P3D2.4 for a test ... long regen cachehappened again so I saved the log!
***********************************************************************************************************************

couatl v2.0 (build 2372)
log started on Mon Dec 15 08:45:23 2014

Airport cache not valid: number of entries in meta.txt does not match areas in scenery.cfg
Regenerating airport cache, looking for scenery files under F:/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/

Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 163 seconds

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:48:35 pm by virtuali »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:47:27 pm »
This regen was over 6 min today ...

then I loaded P3D2.4 for a test ... long regen cachehappened again so I saved the log!

Your log says the cache regeneration took 163 seconds, which is less than 3 minutes.

Regenerating airport cache, looking for scenery files under F:/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/
Worker thread started

Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 163 seconds

And, the log indicates you modified your scenery.cfg by adding/removing scenery areas, and this seems to take longer. I don't think you constantly add/remove areas, don't you ?

Airport cache not valid: number of entries in meta.txt does not match areas in scenery.cfg

Of course, if this was the first time you ran P3D after the update we just added that keep the FSX and the P3D caches separate, so the cache will not be rebuilt anymore when just switching between the two, it's normal it would have been rebuilt from scratch, since it's now in a different folder, so it had to be created from scratch.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:49:02 pm by virtuali »

Martyjr

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:57:29 pm »
My stopwatch always indicates a longer regen time than the log. I had mentioned this in a pervious post also.

I am watching for the regen msg on the screen to go away .. it counts up 98, 99 100 % ....
Then I stop the stopwatch ... it can take like 6 to 10 seconds to go from 17 to 18 % etc .... on the screen.

No scenery was changed for some days now and yesterdays test .. regen was 30 seconds (on my screen).

Something is still wrong.

Edit **** I forgot ... the three files from MyTraffic that had the problem ... I replaced those with the new ones from the author.

But I did not change the Scenery ... like priority in the sim.

So, would replacing those 3 bgl files cause the 6 min regen?
It was thes bgls that got replaced:
Warning: airport LOAN described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport F45 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport NRC described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:29:47 pm by Martyjr »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

Martyjr

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 04:42:29 pm »
Those three bgl files were for FSX only .. I do not have MyTraffic in P3D.

I just tested FSX at KPHX ... regen cache too 5 seconds by my stopwatch on screen.

I thought with the new separate caches what I do in FSX should not affect P3D .. correct?

I do not know how to read the log for problems .. I only look at the very bottom of the log for time to regen an general data there.

Did the log indicate which files were changed in P3D?

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:51:40 pm »
No scenery was changed for some days now and yesterdays test .. regen was 30 seconds (on my screen).

Something is still wrong.

There's nothing wrong. Several days ago you couldn't have used the newest version so, as soon as you installed the update, it's NORMAL the cache would have been regenerated again entirely, because there was none in the new separate P3D folder which has been added after the update.

Do you still have the same long regeneration time if you launch P3D AGAIN, WITHOUT changing anything in the Scenery Library ?

I thought with the new separate caches what I do in FSX should not affect P3D .. correct?

Yes, and you can have proof of that, if you change something in FSX, the P3D cache won't be regenerated.

I do not know how to read the log for problems .. I only look at the very bottom of the log for time to regen an general data there.

The log doesn't show any problems. I have the same regeneration times in FSX and P3D, and they are all measured in seconds.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:54:25 pm by virtuali »

Martyjr

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »
"Do you still have the same long regeneration time if you launch P3D AGAIN, WITHOUT changing anything in the Scenery Library ?"

I will test that right now.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

Martyjr

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 05:19:18 pm »
I did not see a reg msg on the screen:

couatl v2.0 (build 2372)
log started on Mon Dec 15 11:12:31 2014

Airport cache loaded

disconnected from SimConnect.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:22:01 pm by virtuali »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 05:22:28 pm »
I did not see a reg msg on the screen:

And your log confirms this, which is exactly how it's supposed to be.

Martyjr

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 05:30:27 pm »
Ok,

I will keep flying.
And testing.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell