Author Topic: No traffic (no shadows OFF)  (Read 15274 times)

tom767

No traffic (no shadows OFF)
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:54:30 pm »
Hi,
I'v just read all the forum "no traffic" topic and unfortunatelly I havn't found my problem solution.
There is no traffic at my ZurichX scenery. I have planes shadows off and I can see AI traffic on all other locations and in the air.
Anyone have any idea what is wrong?
I use MytrafficX 5.1b
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:56:14 pm by tom767 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No traffic (no shadows OFF)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:43:40 pm »
Anyone have any idea what is wrong? I use MytrafficX 5.1b

Strange because, as far as I knew, MyTrafficX 5.1b uses FSX compliant models so, in theory, you should be able to see the airplanes even without turning the shadows off, that workaround is only valid for FS9 AI models in FSX.

Can you see the FSX default traffic ?

tom767

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:55:57 pm »
No I can see no traffic for now.
I tried to reinstall ZurichX and afer that I received this:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:00:36 pm by tom767 »

Razgriz

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:19:15 pm »
Download the ZurichX installer again, you have Version 2500 of the addon manager.  The most up to date addon manager is 2513 I believe.

tom767

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 09:19:12 am »
Download the ZurichX installer again, you have Version 2500 of the addon manager.  The most up to date addon manager is 2513 I believe.

Thanks! It helped

Still no traffic  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 10:28:37 am »
Thanks! It helped. Still no traffic

It certainly better to have the latest Addon Manager however, the module doesn't have any effect on AI traffic, the only thing that could is the airplane shadow, and only when using FS9 AI models, with FSX AI models, they should appear regardless of the airplane shadow settings.

Do you see MS FSX default traffic ?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:55:55 pm by virtuali »

tom767

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 12:29:41 pm »
I definately have shadows turned off. I put some screenshots:
1. My poor ZurichX
2. Aerosoft's EGLL
3 Yours JFK (trial)

I completely don't know what is the reason of the problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »
I completely don't know what is the reason of the problem.

I'll ask it again: can you see default MS traffic at Zurich ?

tom767

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 01:42:26 pm »
No, no MS traffic at Zurich.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 01:49:02 pm »
No, no MS traffic at Zurich.

Just to be sure, because I don't know exactly how MyTrafficX handle schedules: when you install MyTrafficX, it replaces the MS default traffic, or it adds to it ?

It basically boils down if its installer disable/renamed or not the default traffic BGL from MS (which is named TrafficAircraft.bgl in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery), or it replaces with its own file with the same name (the original size is 23MB).

Because, if the default traffic file has been renamed or overwritten, it's normal you don't see it.

And, even if it *hasn't* renamed or overwritten, it still might happen that, even if you don't SEE traffic, the parking places are still taken, so the default MS traffic models do not appear anyway.

So, the only way to be sure default MS traffic doesn't work at Zurich, is to disable MyTrafficX bgl instead and, if the original MS default traffic file was overwritten, restore the original file.

tom767

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 03:16:55 pm »
MytrafficX has options: totally turn off defalut traffic or add it to mytraffic traffic. No matter what option I choose, ZurichX is empty, and only Zurich (as I showed at the screenshots). I'd like Zurich to has any traffic no matter default or addon (of course I want mytrafficX traffic more).
Question is: why only ZurichX doesn't have any traffic - that's why I'm asking you for help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 03:23:11 pm »
Question is: why only ZurichX doesn't have any traffic - that's why I'm asking you for help.

That's what I was trying to explain: it shouldn't happen.

It would have been normal if you had used FS9 AI models and had Airplane Shadows on but, turning Airplane Shadows off would have solved this. However, since MyTraffic X 5.1b should come with FSX native models, this shouldn't be a problem either. And, MS default traffic should be visible in any case.

Just to be sure: with "Airplane Shadows", we mean the "Airplane cast shadows on Ground" option (exact name might change depening on FSX language), NOT the "Airplane cast shadows on itself"

It might be you have an AFCAD problem. Perhaps you have two AFCADs for Zurich (one coming with MyTrafficX, maybe ? ). Try to run any kind of utility to check for AFCAD, like ADE for example, to check for duplicates. Ideally, the only one active should be the MS default and ours.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:24:49 pm by virtuali »

tom767

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 05:11:04 pm »
I found these: (screenshot).
The middle file is in MytrafficX folder, but almost every airport (1830 airports) is in that situation f.ex. EGLL or KJFK which work great (look at my previous screenshots). Removing the mytraffic's .bgl gives nothing.
I'm getting frustrated...

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:13:24 pm by tom767 »

tom767

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 09:58:43 am »
Today after several trials I finally saw traffic: (screenshot).
But it's one and only plane (apart from my own one). And next in few minutes a cuople plane landed. So, the airport isn't  completely out of traffic - but why it is so empty (only this one). I'm still looking for the solution and cannot pick any file that block almost all gates.

vuong

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 07:25:07 am »
Today after several trials I finally saw traffic: (screenshot).
But it's one and only plane (apart from my own one). And next in few minutes a cuople plane landed. So, the airport isn't  completely out of traffic - but why it is so empty (only this one). I'm still looking for the solution and cannot pick any file that block almost all gates.

Hi,
I have exact the same Ai plane at the same location like in the picture ( traffic 100%).
I use Traffic explorer to see how many AI plane coming and leaving LSZH and found about 5 planes at the most which I feel not enough for Zurich. It looks like a ghost airport. KJFK and KORD have tons of AIs.
And those AIs that I saw was from My trafficX.

Jimmy