Author Topic: Pressing CTRL-F12 and CTRL-SHIFT-F12 does nothing! **SOLVED**  (Read 5904 times)

MurrayCYHZ

Pressing CTRL-F12 and CTRL-SHIFT-F12 does nothing! **SOLVED**
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:28:51 am »
Here is a list of the things YOU seem to be asking other people with a "similar" problem... notice that I said "similar" not "the same" problem...

1)BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus are showing under the Prepar3d 2.4 "Addons" menu bar.
2)I have no Firewall or Anti-Virus software installed... therefore they are NOT running. Not now and not when I installed GSX.
3)I have installed the latest version of GSX from your site last night (09 Dec 14).
4)I purchased a license and I have activated it using the "Addon Manager".
5)No mention of this company under Tools, Internet Options, Content, Publishers, Trusted Publishers or Untrusted Publishers.
6) I have NOT made any changes to the default Key Mappings. I simply opened that menu to make sure the defaults where there.

I have the newest version of the "Migration Tool" and used it to install Traffic 360, EZDok 1.17, Captain Sim (757,777), LevelD 767.

I also have installed the Prepar3D version of... Carenado B1900D, Majestic Q400, FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX LC, FTX EU, FSGlobal Ultimate (all 3 areas), VOXATC, FS Commander 9.5.1, all FTX Freeware airports for FTX global. Everything mentioned has been upgraded to newest versions - patches.

My system specs are as follows...

Asus Sabertooth p67, Intel 17-2600K@4.7, 8GB (2x4) Kingston Hyper-X 1600 RAM, NVidia Zotac GTX 9700, 2 x Crucial 256GB SSDs (Windows 7 64bit on one and Prepar3D 2.4 on the other) Matrox DTH2GO with second single LCD, Saitek flight gear and panels (with latest version of SPAD driver).

I cannot think of anything else that you may need. Simply ask if you need anything else.

Murray  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:54:45 am by virtuali »

MurrayCYHZ

Re: Pressing CTRL-F12 and CTRL-SHIFT-F12 does nothing!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 01:16:44 am »
UPDATE:

I was able to get the Menu to show by changing the default key mapping (Ctrl-F12) to Ctrl-F. I am now able to make choices from that Menu to get GSX to work. I tested it by calling for Pushback and when that was completed, I chose a Gate and asked for the Follow me car.

Question: is it possible that Ctrl-F12 and Shift-Ctrl-F12 are mapped by one of the other addons I have installed

Murray
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:14:22 am by MurrayCYHZ »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pressing CTRL-F12 and CTRL-SHIFT-F12 does nothing!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:49:46 am »
1)BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus are showing under the Prepar3d 2.4 "Addons" menu bar.
2)I have no Firewall or Anti-Virus software installed... therefore they are NOT running. Not now and not when I installed GSX.
3)I have installed the latest version of GSX from your site last night (09 Dec 14).
4)I purchased a license and I have activated it using the "Addon Manager".
5)No mention of this company under Tools, Internet Options, Content, Publishers, Trusted Publishers or Untrusted Publishers.
6) I have NOT made any changes to the default Key Mappings. I simply opened that menu to make sure the defaults where there.

Once you realized that #1 was OK, you could skip checking items #2 to #5. It was, of course #6 but in this case, as you said, another add-on already using the keys used by GSX.

Question: is it possible that Ctrl-F12 and Shift-Ctrl-F12 are mapped by one of the other addons I have installed

It's not just possible: it's sure. GSX can't possibly know if that key is already mapped by another 3rd party add-on, that's why it has the option to change its own in the first place.

And it's best if you don't use CTRL+F, because that key is reserved by FSX for the Fuel truck, and it is also intercepted by GSX to offer its own fuel truck instead. You must use key combinations not used anywhere else. And, never use the ALT key, because it's used by FSX to open its menu.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:54:37 am by virtuali »

MurrayCYHZ

Re: Pressing CTRL-F12 and CTRL-SHIFT-F12 does nothing! **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 02:05:44 am »
In my case, as that is the only case I can speak about, Ctrl-F "does NOT" call the GSX Fuel Truck or the FSX Fuel truck. The reason it does NOT call the FSX fuel truck is because I don't have FSX installed, I have Prepar3d installed (it does not call the Prepar3D Fuel Truck either)... read my earlier post above. Also, it does NOT call the GSX Fuel truck, instead, it brings up the GSX control Menu (also, see my post above where I explain that).

Murray

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pressing CTRL-F12 and CTRL-SHIFT-F12 does nothing! **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 12:11:10 pm »
In my case, as that is the only case I can speak about, Ctrl-F "does NOT" call the GSX Fuel Truck or the FSX Fuel truck.

Yes, you are right, it's SHIFT+F that by default calls the FSX Fuel Truck (of course it calls a P3D Fuel Truck in P3D) if you don't have GSX installed. If you have GSX installed, it calls the GSX Fuel truck instead.

Also, it does NOT call the GSX Fuel truck, instead, it brings up the GSX control Menu (also, see my post above where I explain that).

Yes, that's normal: it calls the GSX menu, because you assigned to it.

However, that doesn't change my point: CTRL+F, by default, is assigned to toggle the Flight Director, so it's still not a good idea to map GSX menu to it, unless you change the key assigned to the Flight Director or are just happy to not have it assigned to a key.