Author Topic: Known GSX problem: No AFCAD...  (Read 7354 times)

Bert Groner

Known GSX problem: No AFCAD...
« on: December 11, 2014, 04:15:40 pm »
Hi all here!

Though I know that this is a known problem here I want to stress it again: Using the latest GSX version I get the message

[GSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available

at KPSP made by Orbx and KPHX made by FlightBeam. I don't get this message e.g. at KIAH made by FSDT.

I have already deleted the folders suggested here

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11173.0.html

twice with no positive success. This counts as well for restarting the Couatl services within FS X.

The error report remains and no GSX is availalbe.

Any help please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Known GSX problem: No AFCAD...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:30:59 pm »
Though I know that this is a known problem here I want to stress it again: Using the latest GSX version I get the message

It's not a "known" problem, unless we'll assess what REALLY the problem is. Don't confuse the message with the problem, the message can be caused by many things.

As suggested in all threads discussing GSX not finding AFCADs, the first thing you should check is "Is GSX using the correct AFCAD ?". And that's why GSX is indicating the name of the AFCAD in use, when you select the customize parking position option.

THEN, after you see which AFCAD is in use, we can try to understand WHY, assuming the wrong one is used, the correct one hasn't been used instead. The Logging feature of the Troubleshooting page of the GSX - Settings menu, is also useful to know about potential issues with an AFCAD, like why it hasn't been chosen or if there are problems with it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:32:55 pm by virtuali »

Bert Groner

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »
Thanks Umberto - how I can find out which AFCAD GSX is using if GSX not working like in my case e.g. at KPHX?

There is no GSX dialog accessible, neither with CRTL + SHIFT + F12 (the error report comes up) nor with SHIFT + F12 (no reaction).

Best for now!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 06:17:09 pm »
ìThanks Umberto - how I can find out which AFCAD GSX is using if GSX not working like in my case e.g. at KPHX? There is no GSX dialog accessible, neither with CRTL + SHIFT + F12 (the error report comes up) nor with SHIFT + F12 (no reaction).

You don't have to call the parking customization editor from the GSX parking menu, you can also access it from the Couatl menu too, and that will always work, regardless if GSX thinks you are on a parking or not.

That same information is also repeated on the Log file, which is why I told you that it might be useful the turn off Logging in Troubleshooting page of the GSX - Settings menu.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:18:48 pm by virtuali »

Bert Groner

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 05:20:57 pm »
Good evning Umberto!

Thanks for that hint - I found this entry with the Couatl.log first beeing at Palm Springs from Orbx

Loading airport KPSP from D:/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KPSP/scenery/Westsim_APX_KPSP.BGL

Should be the correct one. Can this be problem with Orbx' AFCAD for Palm Springs?

Then I changed over to Phoenix from FlightBeam and got this entry more than once:

Airport kphx ignored by user preferences (visibility range is 0)

No AFCAD was named - what does this mean?

Here is the link to the log-file:

http://www.fsmagazin.de/Couatl.log

Best for now!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 12:17:31 pm »
Airport kphx ignored by user preferences (visibility range is 0)

No AFCAD was named - what does this mean?

That's because you disabled it in your Couatladdons.ini file, using the disabled_on_airports command. You might have done it long ago, and forget about it. It's only something you could have done, that parameter is never set by our installer (unless you reinstall from scratch removing even the .INI file, so is set to "None" )

Bert Groner

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:30:53 pm »
Shame on me, Umberto - good point: I indeed did this for KPHX a long time ago to try out this feature (for my review on GSX with FS MAGAZIN)  :-[

What about KPSP which is remaining as a "problem"?

Best for now!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »
What about KPSP which is remaining as a "problem"?

What about it ?

Bert Groner

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 10:28:44 am »
Good morning!

It's about this line in the log file:

"Loading airport KPSP from D:/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KPSP/scenery/Westsim_APX_KPSP.BGL"

GSX isn't working with that reporting "[GSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available".

So concerning what you've wrote before this has to be the wrong AFCAD... Where's the right one and how to make GSX to use it?

Thanks!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 11:27:39 am »
So concerning what you've wrote before this has to be the wrong AFCAD... Where's the right one and how to make GSX to use it?

Difficult to say if it's "wrong" or not, without looking at the actual AFCAD, maybe it's best if you just send it to me.