Author Topic: GSX Crashes P3D v2.4  (Read 3748 times)

aliberman

GSX Crashes P3D v2.4
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:51:06 am »
Hi guys. When I tried to download GSX or the Addon Manager, my P3D v2.4 splash screen would show up, and then simply disappear without loading P3D. If I uninstall/disable the Addon Manager, everything is fine - except for the fact that I can't load my QW757, but that's another story.
Are there any fixes?
Much appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crashes P3D v2.4
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:20:58 am »
You probably have the issue discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

peter nielsen

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:48:30 pm »
Umberto,

Ever since I got GSX I have been unable to even run Prepar3d and YES (I do use the migration tool) as otherwise I cannot get FSINN to run.

Prepard starts normally and then gets stuck at regenerating airport catch 24%

I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, clear registry, delete , the APPDATA Virtually etc but nothing seems to work can we arrange a TW session please?

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 03:39:18 pm »
Ever since I got GSX I have been unable to even run Prepar3d and YES (I do use the migration tool) as otherwise I cannot get FSINN to run.

You just can't use the Migration Tool, that's very simple. Our software natively supports P3D, but it means it must RECOGNIZE IT. What the P3D Migration Tool does, is to fool product into thinking they are running under FSX instead, and that's will result in the program, that does the right thing TRYING to recognize P3D (the Migration Tool will prevent it), not working correctly.

We have some kind of an "hack", that some users used to run with the Migration Tool enabled, but keep in mind is not something we support officially, the real suggestion is NOT to use the Migration Tool.

- Install GSX with the Migration Tool ENTIRELY DISABLED

- Enable the P3D Migration Tool again

- Create a new file with notepad, and write the following lines:

set AddonManagerForcedVersion=11570
start FSX.exe
set AddonManagerForcedVersion=

- Save that file with any name you like, like startp3d.BAT, in the P3D main folder. It's important you save it with a .BAT extension, not a .TXT or something else.

The set AddonManagerForcedVersion=11570 line assumes you have P3D 2.4, if you have another version, you must replace it with the correct build number. The start FSX.EXE line assume your Prepar3D.EXE file is now called FSX.EXE, because the Migration Tool renames it.

- Re-enable the Migration Tool

- Launch P3D by double-clicking on that .BAT file, NOT the standard executable.

I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, clear registry, delete , the APPDATA Virtually etc but nothing seems to work can we arrange a TW session please?

Sorry, but the TM session is offered for ONE specific case: the sim QUITTING on Desktop on the splash screen with no error messages, which has a very specific cause that, by its nature, MUST be dealt privately. It's a specific exception.

Any other case, you must follow the standard avenues of support, which is either forum or email.