Author Topic: KDEN says all the parking spots are too small.  (Read 4072 times)

kenthom

KDEN says all the parking spots are too small.
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:00:15 am »
This seems to be my day for issues.  I fixed a couple other issues but now I have another one.

Upon two landings at KDEN (Flightbeam) I request GSX.  Instead of the normal prompts I get one that says "Parking 1".  When pressed it says all the parking spots are two small.  I tried several times to enable GSX to no avail.

It had been working perfectly.  The only actions I have taken was to download the new trucks update so they would work in other airports.

Suggestions?

Slayer

Re: KDEN says all the parking spots are too small.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:50:01 am »
If you only did the update did you follow the rest of the instruction to download the new stand alone addon manager and install that as well? If not that will probably fix it. :)

kenthom

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 02:53:26 am »
I did that a couple of weeks ago but then had an issue (another thread) in which the new tugs were not responding when called.  So I downloaded the tug/truck update to fix that issue.  However, I believe, that the first gate issue at KDEN happened before I did the download.  Very strange, I have never had that happen before.  GSX worked fine when I initiated the flight at KDEN.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:42:00 am »
It's not possible that updating GSX would have any effect on KDEN parkings, or any other airport. Nothing has changed in GSX in relationship to how GSX indicates if a parking is too small for your aircraft, which is a comparison between the parking radius and your wingspan.

So, if there was a problem, it was there already, and you are visiting KDEN with an airplane with a wingspan larger than it were used to.

Or, for some reason, like a conflicting AFCAD, GSX is using data from another AFCAD file. The first thing to check, is what AFCAD is in use by GSX, by selecting the customizing parking option in GSX, and check the name of the .BGL in use.

It's supposed to be the one that comes with the airport. If it's not, perhaps you might have an indication of a conflicting file which should be removed.

kenthom

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:02:18 am »
I am using the Aerosoft A320 and have flown into KDEN a lot. I have not changed a thing with KDEN.  As I stated, the only thing that changed with my system was what I mentioned above. 

" The first thing to check, is what AFCAD is in use by GSX, by selecting the customizing parking option in GSX, and check the name of the .BGL in use."

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I cannot get to the GSX prompt to check customizing.  When I push the CRT F12 (I think that is right) I get "Parking 1".  When I push that I get a list of 5 or six parking gates and it says they are too small for my plane.  That is the only option I get.
I cannot get to GSX at all other then what I posted above. 

How do I check the .BGL in use? 

Should I download the stand alone installer again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 10:37:32 am »
When I push the CRT F12 (I think that is right) I get "Parking 1".  When I push that I get a list of 5 or six parking gates and it says they are too small for my plane.  That is the only option I get.

That's because you are not at a parking. But you can call the scenery customization page from anywhere from the Couatl menu.

kenthom

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 10:43:13 pm »
I deleted the files and followed the directions above to reset the cache.  I then flew a short flight from the nearest airport to KDEN. I saw a short prompt that indicated that the files were 78% rebuilt (or something like that). I waited a very short time and then checked the AFCAD as directed above.  I had KDEN AFCAD and all was well.  I did the same thing for KLAS, KSFO and KPHX and it worked at each of the airports.