Author Topic: Update 1.9  (Read 2474 times)

rickie72

Update 1.9
« on: December 05, 2014, 11:59:45 pm »
First I have learned much about GSX with this release that I didn't know existed.  Have always liked very much GSX now it is much better.  The new deicers are just great.  And I never knew the boarding sounds could be heard inside the cockpit as well.  I use mostly spot view at the terminal.  But I did notice one thing and this is really getting picky and with the deicers working on temp dependent I think this idea may be implemented as well at a later update.  I noticed in my latest flight from PANC to KORD, while boarding and listening to the loading in the cockpit everyone was saying "good morning" etc.  Problem was my flight was departing at 2200.  And it seemed the sound playback (tape) if it can be called that was very short.  It repeated itself at very short intervals.  Now I did lengthen my boarding time to about 3-5 minutes so that may be why also.  My suggestion for the future is two fold.  Make the recording longer so it doesn't repeat (at least as often).  And have several recordings, perhaps as many as three.  One for morning, say 0400 to 1000; 1001 to 1900; and 1901 to 0359 saying (good morning, good afternoon and good evening, respectfully).  Just an idea, maybe silly, but an idea.  GSX is great - keep up the good (excellent) work.....I know you are working on seeing passengers leave the plane and board as well.....that will be super terrific if it can be implemented...........respectfully.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Update 1.9
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:12:54 am »
The boarding sounds are not a single recording. They are individual sound bits that are played randomly to look like a longer recording.

If they were a single recording, you would get bored by the repetition MUCH earlier! But yes, we'll keep in mind your suggestion about separating the sounds between morning, afternoon or evening, and play them depending on local time.