Author Topic: KLAX : buildings now are black !!  (Read 5127 times)

pierre789

KLAX : buildings now are black !!
« on: December 05, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »
Hi,
When I went back to LAX after a few monthes, I've discovered that all the buildings were now black while everything was OK the last time ! In spite of many tries to fix the problem (deactivating the scenery, removing, reactivating ..) the problem is still the same.
The only change on my computer during these monthes is that, because of a lack of space on the fsx disk, I've moved the files of all my large airports (there is a lot of them !) on another disk.
That doesn't matter with any other aiport, everything working fine, even with the fsdreamteam KJFK, but is this change an issue for KLAX ?

Perhaps moving the airport's files is not the problem?
I must say the Couatl Addon manager find the airport without any problem.

Do you have any idea or solutions ?
Thanks

Pierre Boileau

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: KLAX : buildings now are black !!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »
 System specs?

It looks like your PC is having a hard time keeping up with what the sim is trying to display.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 09:51:17 pm »
The only change on my computer during these monthes is that, because of a lack of space on the fsx disk, I've moved the files of all my large airports (there is a lot of them !) on another disk.

That's exactly what caused it. You cannot move our sceneries like that, surely not KLAX

even with the fsdreamteam KJFK, but is this change an issue for KLAX ?

It's an issue with all FSDT sceneries, you cannot move them outside the FSX folder, except for JFK V2, because it doesn't store its textures in its scenery folder. Which also means, you won't save much moving JFK either, because 90% of the scenery is not in the FSX folder.

pierre789

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:11:18 pm »
Hi Umberto
So i have to uninstall then reinstall KLAX in the main fsx scenery folder.
Is this can be done just by manually moving files, or is it better to use the automatic installer ?
Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 11:14:44 am »
Is this can be done just by manually moving files, or is it better to use the automatic installer ?

Since you moved them out manually, it's best if you REMOVE them manually first, then uninstall, then reinstall.

If you just uninstall/reinstall, you'll end up with duplicate files, because the uninstaller will not remove the files you moved.

pierre789

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:15:45 pm »
it's OK now thank you

Pierre