Author Topic: GSX Error / Issue  (Read 4643 times)

Lloyd Boyette

GSX Error / Issue
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »
Good morning all.

Not sure what happened or what my part in this might be. I purchased GSX through Simmarket on Oct 4, version 1.8? I have been reading through the documentation and it mentioned that in order to get some of the updated vehicles that I had to download some of the updates. When this last update came out I figured I would back track one to make sure that I had everything in my library and installed the vehicle update from JAN 2014 as well as the latest update 1.9 with the De-Icers. After installing those two updates things went wrong.

I am now getting an error message that says

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2,9,0,24
Company: VIRTUALI Sagl
File:bglmanx.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?"

If I say yes... FSX Crashes. If I say no... FSX runs with no issues, however, GSX is disabled.

Is there an easy fix for this or am I going to have to uninstall and re-install.?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Error / Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »
There's no "easy" fix, surely not from our side. That error is a generic error that FSX displays whenever it can't load a .DLL, and the most common case is another system .DLL missing/corrupted in your Windows installation.

Try all solutions posted in this thread, read the whole thread, not just the first post, because there are several alternative solution posted in subsequent posts in the same thread. Try all of them:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

Lloyd Boyette

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 04:41:23 pm »
So I read the entire thread and have done the following with no success.

Install with Antivirus off ( Yes )
Uninstall and Reinstall ( Just did )
Exclude files from Antivirus ( Yes )

Updated C++ ( Did that quite awhile ago )

I am still getting that error message even after a clean install of GSX. I am at a loss here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 04:50:21 pm »
So I read the entire thread and have done the following with no success.

Could be you used the P3D Migration Tool in the past ? See the thread here about this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11086.msg85800.html#msg85800

Lloyd Boyette

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 05:24:04 am »
Negative. Never used it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 11:01:30 am »
Then you have another problem in your system, most likely VC++ libraries missing/corrupted, that their installers couldn't fix. That message is a generic message that FSX displays when it can't load a .DLL for a reason.

Yesterday, for example, I found an user had this message, but it wasn't obviously related to bglmanx.dll at all: he had two copies of FSUIPC loaded at the same time. We might try a Teamviewer session: contact me in private to arrange it, because that's how I fixed that user problem.

Lloyd Boyette

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 06:59:04 am »
Ok.... Here is what I know. Everything FSDT related was working fine before I installed the update. I have uninstalled and re-installed the GSX add-on. Still doesn't work. I just landed at LAX this evening and my scenery is missing (FSDT KLAX). I've looked at everything you've suggested and none of it is fixing it.

May I please request that this get passed up and have someone look at it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 10:19:25 am »
Ok.... Here is what I know. Everything FSDT related was working fine before I installed the update. I have uninstalled and re-installed the GSX add-on. Still doesn't work. I just landed at LAX this evening and my scenery is missing (FSDT KLAX). I've looked at everything you've suggested and none of it is fixing it.

I can only repeat and confirm what I said above, the problem are VC++ libraries in your system missing/corrupted.

May I please request that this get passed up and have someone look at it?

Maybe you haven't realized that I'm the one that made that program, so there's nobody else higher than that at FSDT, and yes, it has been looked at and, as I've said, there's no issue whatsoever with bglmanx.dll

There's no a SINGLE solution because, as I've said too, that error does NOT mean "this module has a problem", even if it SAYS SO. The real meaning is "I was unable to load this module for SOME REASON", and the reasons are countless, but you'll see only that message, so you are mislead thinking the module "must have a problem", because that's what the message says, and there's must be some kind of universal solution that might work, because the message you see it's always the same, so you think the *cause* it's the same, but it's not.

That's why we offer multiple solution to try, but we keep finding new causes, obviously none of them having anything to do with our software or that we can fix on our side, like the double copy of FSUIPC running, which was unique and never heard of until the last day.

An hint: NOBODY ever reported this problem with Prepar3D, and the bglmanx.dll ( Addon Manager ) is exactly the SAME, bit-by-bit, it's the same file so, it obviously doesn't have the problem in the first place, it's more like that LM has finally fixed the bogus error message.

If you contact me in private, we can arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system and see what's causing it in YOUR case.

Lloyd Boyette

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 11:27:47 am »
Well it's about 5am here in Florida and just got off of TeamViewer with one of the techs there at FSDT. All is working again and back to normal. I can't say thank you enough for taking time to look at my specific problem and getting it fixed.

Thank you!  ;D