Author Topic: 747-400/800 pmdg cargo doors **SOLVED**  (Read 7471 times)

tosco92

747-400/800 pmdg cargo doors **SOLVED**
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:41:40 pm »
ciao ragazzi, devo esprimermi in italiano perchè il discorso è un pò complesso
quando uso gsx con il 747-400/800 passeggeri nessun problema, invece con la versione cargo quando faccio il boarding la scaletta e i sollevatori cargo non li vedo, non si vedono.
poi volevo configurare per bene le porte cargo distinte bene per il 747F-400 e quello 800. in quello 400 non vorrei avere il caricatore cargo sulla parte sinistra dell'aereo ma tutti e due dalla parte destra come faccio? chi mi può aiutare?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:26:31 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 747-400/800 pmdg cargo doors
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »
If you want to use italian, either send me a PM or an email. This forum is English only.

If you are referring to the PMDG 747, then you don't have to do anything, because it's already pre-configured with GSX so, to Undo any possible mistake you might have made, use the "Reset" option on the Airplane configuration editor, to Undo all your changes and revert to the configuration that comes with GSX

If you are referring to another 747, then send me a PM or an email, so I might explain to you what you did wrong.

FLUX

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 08:45:57 pm »
Hi :)
my 747-8F doesnt really work after the update as well ...
well the ac is doing fine but GSX got worse :(
before i was only missing the loader on the back right (picture underneath)
couldnt get this side switch from passenger doors to cargo doors in the configurator.
it is still showing it as passenger doors but now with the update all but 2 small plane baggage carrier cars are gone ! :)

whats wrong ?
(i did install the vehicels as well !)
cheers
felix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »
before i was only missing the loader on the back right (picture underneath)

That was entirely normal. As explained on the manual, GSX supports only two cargo loaders in total, so in the configuration for the freighter is to have the cargo loader that was originally on the back-right, to be used on the left main cargo door instead.

couldnt get this side switch from passenger doors to cargo doors in the configurator.

You don't "switch" a door in the airplane configurator, that's probably your mistake. A passenger door will always be a passenger door, and so all other doors, they can only change location, not function.

whats wrong ?

I can't possibly say what you did wrong, but the main point is you don't HAVE to configure the PMDG 747, because is a INTERNALLY SUPPORTED AIRPLANE, and the -8F version is also recognized properly.

So, to Undo any mess you might have created trying to configure something that doesn't have to be configured in the first place, use the "Reset" button on the Airplane configuration menu, to restore the configuration that comes with GSX, then "Restart Couatl".

Of course, this assumes you are ALSO properly configured the -8F model in the PMDG configuration utility, before launching FSX.

FLUX

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:41:24 pm »
Hi there :)

now i am confused :)
i reported the problem with the cargo door not working and your response was it should be :)
now it shouldnt ? :) 
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10930.0.html

and i didnt change anything .... i was looking at the airplane config leaving everything as is .... and after the no vehicals at all after the update i sure did the reset thing :)
actually all i did was updating and thats it ...

pmdg is of course configured for the 8F in pmdg conifg manager

please help
cheers
felix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »
now i am confused :)
i reported the problem with the cargo door not working and your response was it should be :)
now it shouldnt ? :) 

Never said it shouldn't be. It WAS working perfectly, as I've said in my previous thread. There was a problem with the 1.9 update, and it didn't worked anymore, but if you check the current Live Update it has been fixed.

Also, now the Airplane configuration editor will report the minor version ( 800 ) for that airplane, so it should be easier to tell if it has been configured as such in the PMDG config manager.

FLUX

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 08:57:37 pm »
hi umberto

thanks for helping out ... did the update and now its working fine .... EVEN the main cargo door is operated now :)
I am happy :)
tzhanks a lot :)

cheers
felix